• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running out of oil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running out of oil

30 years left:

A global energy war looms – Telegraph Blogs

Still in 10 years we should have Nuclear fusion.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    30 years left:

the ITER fusion reactor generating 0 electricity, before it is closed down 20 years later, if all goes well.

Comment

30 years left:

I remember a school lesson in 1962 which said the oil will run out in 30 years.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I remember all the fuss last year about who has claims to the Arctic, and the Canadians would have more oil than the Saudis etc all put together.

Then I read about the shale oil fields in Canada that contained more oil thanthe Saudis etc all put together.
        Seems to me that being in oil in Canada is the place to be if you are young

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I remember all the fuss last year about who has claims to the Arctic, and the Canadians would have more oil than the Saudis etc all put together.

Then I read about the shale oil fields in Canada that contained more oil thanthe Saudis etc all put together.

It takes a lot of work to get it out though, compared to sicking a tube in the ground and letting it shoot out all over the place.

Comment

Haven't we been running out of oil at the rate of "nothing in 30 years time" for the last 10 years?

I have no doubt the oil will run out the Govt just need to take the lead and force large scale hydrogen/electric cars etc before the need for oil on the roads diminishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              Haven't we been running out of oil at the rate of "nothing in 30 years time" for the last 10 years?

I have no doubt the oil will run out the Govt just need to take the lead and force large scale hydrogen/electric cars etc before the need for oil on the roads diminishes.
              That will need massive increase in Coal fired power stations - thats me sorted until retirement!
              Beer
              is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

30 years left:

Still in 10 years we should have No clear vision

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

The Canadians have jointly funded all the oil extraction in Cuba too - there will be plenty to come from there where the regime changes or relaxes.

Comment

This is the future:

ITER - the way to new energy

Looks cool, like proper technology should (Concorde etc.).
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X