• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason to fear visiting the dentist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patient Sacha Rumaner dies after allergic reaction to mouthwash | Metro.co.uk

I wonder if it was hydrogen peroxide mouthwash - Gives quite a belt if you're not expecting it, and probably not a good idea to swallow much.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

FFS no need to get hysterical.

This woman probably ignored the warning signs when she had a minor reaction to mouthwash (or stuff with the same ingredients) before - it's not uncommon. Particularly as lots of people aren't sure of the symptoms.

For example in my own family one of my sisters' has currently minor reaction to nuts. Instead of telling everyone she ignores it, when in fact there are others in my family who now have more serious reactions started of like hers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Dunno.

The stuff in my dentist's is blue. ..
        That's the normal inoffensive stuff they have in a cup on the raised platform thingie by the chair. But sometimes, when they're serious about wanting to kill every germ in your mouth, for example after drilling a hole for a filling, they hand you a cup of truly noxious stuff that tastes like drain cleaner smells and foams and fizzes alarmingly in your mouth, and up your nose and down your throat if you're not careful.

That's the peroxide mouth wash I referred to, and it seems quite plausible someone could have an allergy to it, or swallow a load if a stupid dentist or their assistant didn't warn them first.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

2 H2O2 → 2 H2O + O2

Water and Oxygen - nay bother in the mouth. Frothtastic!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

You mean on top of the fact that you have over 600 teeth zeity?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Watching "Marathon Man" put me off dentists years ago

Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
              X