• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dilemma!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilemma!

I wanted to get a place in the Wilmslow half marathon to run with a friend, but did not get a place in time.

My friend has a place through a friend of a friend backing out.

I agreed to look after his kid on the day of the race.

However, I have been offered an entry number from someone else who has twisted their knee. I would love to race, although having done no prep as this is an easy flat gentle paced run, but am stuck with the kid, as it were.

I could ask my ex who is a teacher and will be over on Sunday as we are on a day trip to Liverpool on Sunday, but really not sure how my friend would react to this.

Probably easiest just to forego the run and babysit I think….. Unless there are any cunning plans??

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I wanted to get a place in the Wilmslow half marathon to run with a friend, but did not get a place in time.

My friend has a place through a friend of a friend backing out.

I agreed to look after his kid on the day of the race.

However, I have been offered an entry number from someone else who has twisted their knee. I would love to race, although having done no prep as this is an easy flat gentle paced run, but am stuck with the kid, as it were.

I could ask my ex who is a teacher and will be over on Sunday as we are on a day trip to Liverpool on Sunday, but really not sure how my friend would react to this.

Probably easiest just to forego the run and babysit I think….. Unless there are any cunning plans??

is this cunning ?
    make your friend a cheese and onion butty, but use daffodil bulbs instead of onion. he will get ill then you wont have to baby sit.
    and even if he has to go into hospital, he should be out by the Spring

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Deuter Child Carriers

Problem solved.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X