• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christian loonies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian loonies

Have a look at this article.

I thought at first they were making it up, but check out the links on that site. Do a google on antichrist in conjunction with the names mentioned in it, and the terms "Pre Tribulation Rapture", or eschatology.

There is a religious insanity spreading through the West and I don't mean Islam.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

The rapturists and the Muslims are all rushing towards armagedon happy in the knowledge that they will spend eternity in paradise.

If it were anything other than religion they would all be locked up as lunatics.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Incredible and outlandish as it appears to us AirstripOne folks, I have been observing for some time the antics of these fervent lunatics.

They are hell bent on creating an Apocalptical event in the Middle East so they get to ascend to Heaven on the rapture ladder.

Laugh if you like but these extermists believe this and they occupy some pretty senior political positions, high enough to engineer such an event.

As the article has it...

For 15% of the electorate, the Middle East is not just a domestic matter, it's a personal one: if the president fails to start a conflagration there, his core voters don't get to sit at the right hand of God.

And just to show that madness is not the monopoly of the USA then I read with interest this snippet from the Rapture Ready Site

According to Moslem oral traditions (not written in the Koran) al Mahdi, who they believe disappeared in 941AD, will return to Earth when conditions have become so chaotic and desperate that he alone can save us.

Iranian President Ahmadinejad believes he has been brought to power specifically to hasten al Mahdi's return by plunging the world into such a state, and he believes he can accomplish this within 2 years.

We Will Force Them to be Free
      Insure now with ProlePrudential

Doubleplusgood
      Last edited by Central-Scrutiniser; 9 March 2006, 10:16.
      If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Central-Scrutiniser
        All that stuff you said, edited for brevity
        When you put down your Orwell you seem to have something to say, who would have thunk it?
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          When you put down your Orwell you seem to have something to say, who would have thunk it?
          Do you mean Orwell or Blair, either way I am neither.
          If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Working...
          X