• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ineffectual doe eyed useless ******* permie *******!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ineffectual doe eyed useless ******* permie *******!!!!

He sits there 'running' a meeting - no issues cleared, can't make a decision, can't handle the participants, no 'traction', no idea what's going on...

Part way through the meeting he re-read previous points - he hadn't realised we'd discussed them 30 minutes earlier!!!!

I think they have to retrain him when he returns from lunch every day!!!!

After the meeting he actually turns to me and says - I think that went quite well...

USELESS!!!!

Bing!

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    He sits there 'running' a meeting - no issues cleared, can't make a decision, can't handle the participants, no 'traction', no idea what's going on...

Part way through the meeting he re-read previous points - he hadn't realised we'd discussed them 30 minutes earlier!!!!

After the meeting he actually turns to me and says - I think that went quite well...

USELESS!!!!

Bing!
    incompetent people cannot recognise they are incompetent by definition, when I realised this it made me accept things like this a lot more because permie world is full of people like this managed by more people like this
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

C'mon if permies did their jobs probably it would kill the contracting industry faster than any ICTs
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Why is it these people actually survive?

Surely natural selection should deal with them?

I'll take a lion in to work tomorrow!

Probably one in the safari park down the road...

Bing!

Comment

Every day is a first day for a lot of permies.

50% useless can often be acheived in many of the companies I have worked in, the rest can me majority made up of

"have you ever spoken to him, he never answers his phone or an email" types.

"if you want something done I suppose I can do it but don't ask me again"

"I'm 40 and I retire soon so it is not worth your hassle asking me"

"I'm management material and can talk tulip without knowing anything and hindering all your work"

And a few others who have their eye on contracting.

Comment

Not sure he's cut out for this type of work...

He also has every Thursday off for education - he does floristry classes.

How on earth did that get approved in an Utilities company?

Bing!

Comment

How on earth did that get approved in an Utilities company?

Bing!
              you must have heard of flower power

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

When I left permirdom I though I was the business, managing a software department for a small firm with big clients I thought I knew everything but looking back...

The constant churn of different projects with different technologies at different clients takes you miles beyond the permie.

I have seen a few finacial apps written about 10 years ago where you would ask

"who wrote this bloody mess?"

"well the cobal developers fancied their hands at Java so they got a few books and started coding"

"well I suppose that is why you are paying us all a fortune to get one change request in a week"

Most permie departments at big firms just stumble over one crap app over another and we get paid to come in and wipe its arse until EOL. So I must thank all the permies, you have been keeping me well paid for many years at your efforts in writing crap code.

Comment

USELESS!!!!

Bing!
                  Stop going to meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Stop going to meetings.
                    I don't attend if there's no agenda.

Another permie has a meeting with herself as no one else turns up - she distributes the minutes to the invited absentees, she has to take all the actions and because she's ineffectual too - there's actions going back to 2007 uncompleted!!!

She's ginger too.

Bing!

Comment

Working...
                    X