• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPad2: Lighter, slimmer, faster and cheaper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad2: Lighter, slimmer, faster and cheaper

Apple iPad 2 will cost less than iPad 1 in the UK - Telegraph

The government should include iPads in the inflation index, and take off food, electricity and petrol and all essential stuff that is increasing in price at a prodigious rate.

Who'd buy an iPad 2 when the iPad 3 will surely be on sale by Christmas
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      Who'd buy an iPad 2 when the iPad 3 will surely be on sale by Christmas
      So I take it you never bought a computer then?

There was an article I read once that calculated if you had a big piece of computation to do, that would take say 4 years with the hardware you could afford now, it would be quicker and cheaper to sit on your ass for a year then buy the hardware, it would finish in under 3 years and cost less.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

WAIT!

Check this one out first: Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 & 8.9, Smaller than iPad 2, Competitively Priced - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Looks like Samsung pulled rabbit out of hat and got slimmer version

Comment

Fail.

In your defence, Apple is a brand, Samsung is a make or something, no one will go for it but the die hard microsoft types.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            no one will go for it but the die hard microsoft types.
            No, and we don't have to - we'll just use the best technical products without being forced to upgrade every year to inferior hardware with a half eaten apple on it.

And to think of it - I have nearly fallen for this Ipad malarkey just a month ago

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So I take it you never bought a computer then?

There was an article I read once that calculated if you had a big piece of computation to do, that would take say 4 years with the hardware you could afford now, it would be quicker and cheaper to sit on your ass for a year then buy the hardware, it would finish in under 3 years and cost less.
              Yeah but I upgrade when theres something to run on my machine that makes my machine run like a dog, not because I see something and go shiny shiny

Some games did it to for me this year, stuttering like crazy and missing frames.

So new graphics card and faster cpu and doubled the memory. Of course I ignored the latest mobo manual and put in a CPU I thought should work based on AMD steppings

Probably in 2 or 3 years I'll actually get a new machine and this will become a spare development machine
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                WAIT!

Check this one out first: Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 & 8.9, Smaller than iPad 2, Competitively Priced - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Looks like Samsung pulled rabbit out of hat and got slimmer version

Looks interesting, but at the rate you are going you'll never buy a pad. I like the fact you can tether with it. How, IYO, does it beat the iPad2?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  No, and we don't have to - we'll just use the best technical products without being forced to upgrade every year to inferior hardware with a half eaten apple on it.
                  Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Yeah but I upgrade when theres something to run on my machine that makes my machine run like a dog, not because I see something and go shiny shiny
                  You both seem under the illusion you're forced to upgrade to new iPads if you have an older model. THe old ones don't suddenly stop working. Samsung will continue to bring out new models in exactly the same way so what exactly is the point being made against Apple? If you want a tablet then Apple and Samsung are the two credible competitors if you include Samsung's new unreleased model... buy one and use it until it's too slow for new apps or whatever, just like a laptop.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

One thing going for Apples IMO is that they do tend to work, even if you're locked in so much they're a bit limited technically. When you see the competition, which on the surface looks good, after a bit of digging you often find something fundamentally carp about it, say the touch screen is carp or the O/S is tulip or something. I won't back that up with any concrete examples

Comment

Working...
                    X