• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One of my employees is (maybe clinically) paranoid. What should I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my employees is (maybe clinically) paranoid. What should I do?

Well I suppose mental illness is nothing to take the piss about.
    But what's the right way to proceed?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Ask HR numpty - assuming you work in a big enough "City" company to have HR in the first place.

Comment

You don't have any employees. Interesting that a schizophrenic invents people who themselves are mentally ill though.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Any examples of his behaviour.

BTW, Suity will be along shortly to deny this allegation.

Comment

Does he think his boss talks to people about him behind his back?

Comment

Maybe you're just being paranoid?

If not, try occy health. Same if so.

Comment

Sneak up to him while he is taking a dump and shoot him and then flush his body down the toilet.

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Here's an idea. Go and ask for advice from an internet forum full of complete strangers, the vast bulk of whom have you pegged as a sad yet pretentious c0cksocket.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Does 'he' display these symptoms?
                  • Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
                  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
                  • Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
                  • Requires excessive admiration
                  • Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
                  • Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
                  • Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
                  • Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
                  • Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
                  • Often mild to moderate paranoia, that others are out to do him in.
                  • Predominant "name dropper" boasting or suggestion association with people or affiliations of importance.
                  • Calls people cretins

If so it may be Narcissistic personality disorder

Comment

You need to provide more data Sas.

Why do you believe him
                    to be paranoid?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X