• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Security Clearance

Hello All

Wondered if anyone can help...

I'm an IT Contracter with 3 contracts behind me.

On the second contract was fortunate to be sponsered for SC.

My third contract (big telecommunications company which is a household name) which needed SC, told me (incl via email) that my clearance had been transferred to themselves.

I had to end this contract due to hospitalization (very long and grim story), now I'm well and looking for another contract, however upon checking with Third Company, via my old manager via email that they never transferred my security at all and I should check with the original company, sadly because it was not been transferred from themselves it has now expired. I've emailed my ex-manager about this and no reply (not even an apology)

At best I was grossly misinformed, at worst outright lied to ref them transferring my clearance.

To anyone reading this who have SC clearance, always always check for yourself that it has been transferred and never take anyones word for it.

Any advice would be welcome, great site btw.

Working...
X