• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be afraid, be very afraid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be afraid, be very afraid

New Lie looking at the option of every household in Britain handing over £40,000 to pay for a central public sector pension fund, so that after 40 years of sitting in meetings eating biscuits and drinking tea, they can slope off to sunny climes safe in knowledge their pension is 10 times what you poor feckers are going to get

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4785702.stm

Tax is Good

Inflated Civil Service Pension is Very Good.

Doubleplusgood
    If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      New Lie looking at the option of every household in Britain handing over £40,000 to pay for a central public sector pension fund,
      They are not.

If you're going to moan, at least get your facts right.

Comment

b.b.b.bbut ...

the point is, there's huge great gaping hole appearing in the public pension pot, that will cost £40000 for every household to plug it, if they paid in now. In 20 years time it'll be a lot more than that.

Its a bit worrying, unless of course they just do the decent thing and pull the plug on it. I mean do we really need all these tax officers, members of the "fuzz" and cocaine sniffing medics on comfortable pensions.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by benn0
          They are not.

Intersting technique of yours benn0; anyone criticising HM govt is a moaner. I presume you have no counter arguments of your own and that you dont think it unreasonable for people to question what happens to 50% of everything that they earn? If you buy a PC and it doesnt work do you go and moan at your supplier?

Anyway I thought you had left or are you on HM govt's payroll to go around internet forums stifling criticism of the scum who are running our country?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They are not.

I have to agree benn0, it is a large actuarial firm saying this, not the government. The government's figures work out at about £23,000.
            That is why the government has been so keen to make public servants work longer before retiring, so that the financing of the (pension)schemes won't balloon out of control.
            Being keen is commendable, but they caved in when they tried to implement it.

Comment

They are not.

Actually they are "looking" at options on civil servants pension funding, otherwise, why the phrase:

"Last week the government said such a fund would need assets worth £530bn."

I didn't moan, I thought it was rather amusing.

I think it's great that the greedy selfish middle classes support the hard working civil servants that are vital to the future of this great country. £40K? I'd gladly pay £400K. It's only fair.
              Last edited by DimPrawn; 9 March 2006, 13:36.

Comment

Yes, but if the government used the rules it tells actuarial firms to use then it is £40,000.

The government chooses to use other rules when it wants to get a figure that suits itself.

And, anyways £23,000 is still a lot of money.

benn0 you really are a first class fool.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

£40K? I'd gladly pay £400K. It's only fair.
                  That is the sprit which made Airstrip One Great.

You may as well turn yourself in and hand all your cash and other assets to the Ministry of Plenty.

Remember most of the Civil Servants will die after two years of retirement and the unclaimed surplus pension money goes straight back to the State Coffers.
                  If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded

The government chooses to use other rules when it wants to get a figure that suits itself.

Aha! at last a voice of reason somewhere in the wilderness. Someone understands Governments (Whatever the blinkin Colour of the Party)

Comment

Working...
                    X