• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this really one of Bagopus's reviews?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really one of Bagopus's reviews?

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: You Couldn't Make it Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Well I'm convinced, 24 Mar 2011
    By
    Abdullah abdullah abdullah "bagpuss606" -
    This review is from: You Couldn't Make it Up (Hardcover)
    As an asylum seeker, I have been persuaded by this book to return to my homeland and face torture, rather than be trapped on an island of fat, tiny-brained bigots epitomised by this ringpiece. Everything they told me about infidels is true!
    A review of "You couldn't make it up" by Richard LittleJohn..

If so, well put Bagpuss!!!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

7 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
    So presumably that's 7 fewer asylum seekers to worry about.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I particularly liked this one...

7 of 7 people found the following review helpful:

1.0 out of 5 stars goblin vomit, 24 Mar 2011

By greetingsfrommike - See all my reviewsThis review is from: You Couldn't Make it Up (Hardcover)

Richard Littlejohn greedily suckles at the teat of evil goblins, retains the brackish fluid in his mouth for as long as possible, then spews it forth, diluted with his own dark vomit. This book is formed from that wretched puddle of excreta.

Having said that, I haven't read it - I made this up, thus disproving the weak title of this book. But if you're stupid enough to want to read vile and vicious opinions of British life from someone who lives in Florida, knock yourselves out!
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: You Couldn't Make it Up

A review of "You couldn't make it up" by Richard LittleJohn..

If so, well put Bagpuss!!!
        I doubt it. That would show a level of intelligence and wit which is sadly lacking in CUK's own Bagopiss.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Every review on that page is a goodun.

This book is a valuable corrective to the elitists, with their facts, compassion and perverse desire to you know, understand issues before weighing in on them. I would particularly recommend the book to readers with an obsessive hang-up about gay people, readers who didn't really care about the genocide in Rwanda because the victims were black Africans and, following the tragic earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis in Japan, people who think that natural disasters are god's punishment for what a nation did three generations ago. Gift givers should also consider the book for racist relations whose comments ruin family events. Littlejohn's book would be an excellent primer for them.
          Oh bless. You just want to hug him and say don't be afraid.
          Or push him down some stone stairs, I can't decide.
          If you've ever heard of the Infinite Monkey Theorem, you'll realise that this is the vile proof of what happens when you don't supply enough bananas.
          I read this book and was immediately minded to hit immigrants over the head with an imperial spanner. Not my best Tuesday.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
          X