• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been Offered A Permie Role !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been Offered A Permie Role !!

Been in my new contract for exactly 1 month now and boss has asked if I want to go permanent. They are struggling for PMs that fit their needs and I apparently do, and have made a big impact since starting.

Package on offer is more or less my hourly rate*1000 which most people average contract vs permie on (although I go by hourly rate * 1200 personally). Standard blue chip bens etc

Am I tempted ? A little bit but not enough to think over seriously. Don't fancy the 90 odd mile round trip 3 days a week (other 2 wfh or London). And I enjoy the freedom, flexibility and financial benefit of contracting.

Nice to be considered though

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Nice to be considered though
    it is nice, its also difficult when you like the people you work with - I've been offered twice in the same contract and both times had to say 'absolutely nothing personal but no...'

although the freedom and non-perm status are the biggest pluses for me I couldn't earn what I do as a permie dev - with PM'ing at least its nice to know you could earn near your rate as a perm should the worst happen
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

I've one word for you:

"Appraisals".

Permiedom? Just say no.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I've one word for you:

"Appraisals".

Permiedom? Just say no.
        They are not that bad - I had one yesterday & it was all good
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Don't forget that if you've been contracting through a Ltd then you're suddenly going to start paying a sh!tload more tax when you go "permy".

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            They are not that bad - I had one yesterday & it was all good
            Yeah mine too - but then I know what I am doing and get a lot of control over setting my own goals which makes things better.

Oh and my immediate manager is not a slimy, two-faced lying, backstabbing, incompetent pillock - which certainly helps.

Comment

Working...
            X