• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disappointed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed

In Cater Allen.

Seems like the contractors bank of choice has gone down hill since the last time I used them. Rang them three times to try and soft out opening n account with them and ask a few questions. Not once did I manage to get to talk to anyone, just left on hold. Used to be a real person would answer it within a few rings.

Gone with Barclays now. Free banking, company deposit account as standard, debit card and cheque book up front and a local business manager who got it sorted in less than an hour.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    In Cater Allen.

Seems like the contractors bank of choice has gone down hill since the last time I used them. Rang them three times to try and soft out opening n account with them and ask a few questions. Not once did I manage to get to talk to anyone, just left on hold. Used to be a real person would answer it within a few rings.

Gone with Barclays now. Free banking, company deposit account as standard, debit card and cheque book up front and a local business manager who got it sorted in less than an hour.
    I'm surprised 2 or 3 rings and they normally answer when I ring.

Comment

I have been happy with Cater Allen, perhaps you got unlucky.

Check the free banking with Barclays, this is usually limited and then they start charging!
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I have only just started my own company, and was put off Cater Alan by various comments I received from their current customers and those trying to set up new accounts. Have gone with Santander who guarantee free banking for the life of the company, give an associated savings account, debit card and cheque book. Only thing is you have to do online banking and use the machines not the counter in branches - but that isn't a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mulberryblue View Post
          I have only just started my own company, and was put off Cater Alan by various comments I received from their current customers and those trying to set up new accounts. Have gone with Santander who guarantee free banking for the life of the company, give an associated savings account, debit card and cheque book. Only thing is you have to do online banking and use the machines not the counter in branches - but that isn't a problem for me.
          Santander own Cater Allen now anyway.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mulberryblue View Post
            I'm pretty sure Santander own Cater Allen now.

Edit: Damn I'm slow.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X