• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sian O'Callaghan search: Two bodies found

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sian O'Callaghan search: Two bodies found

BBC News - Sian O'Callaghan search: Two bodies found

The news came hours after police seized a green taxi which was seen early on Saturday.

The Toyota Avensis estate with taxi markings was seen on Saturday between Swindon and Savernake Forest, where police had been searching with the help of hundreds of members of the public.

Det Supt Steve Fulcher said: "A 47-year-old man from Swindon is in custody, having been arrested for kidnap and two murders."
    Sound quite efficient, those Swindon plod.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    BBC News - Sian O'Callaghan search: Two bodies found

Sound quite efficient, those Swindon plod.
    Unlike their incompetent colleagues down the road in Bristol.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My money's on the Dutch lad in the next flat.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        My money's on the Dutch lad in the next flat.
        Quoted, in the un-likely event you are wrong.

Comment

I'm going for an illegal
          cabbie.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Anyone here from Swindon? Give us the inside story?
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Yes, looks like good police work, just a depressing conclusion.

Is it just me or does there seem to be more of an inevitability with these missing people cases turning into murder investigations nowadays? There was a time you could have at least hoped they'd find the girl alive.

Oh well. My heart goes out to the families involved.

Comment

Originally posted by landl View Post
                Yes, looks like good police work, just a depressing conclusion.

Is it just me or does there seem to be more of an inevitability with these missing people cases turning into murder investigations nowadays? There was a time you could have at least hoped they'd find the girl alive.

Oh well. My heart goes out to the families involved.
                I'm not sure. I suspect that in the past missing people were missing for years ie they were dead all along. Nowadays with cctv and improved forensics etc they can trace what happened to someone more quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                  I'm not sure. I suspect that in the past missing people were missing for years ie they were dead all along. Nowadays with cctv and improved forensics etc they can trace what happened to someone more quickly.
                  Yes, that's possible. Being positive about it, I suppose if we're finding the missing dead sooner, we're more likely to catch the culprits and save other potential victims.

That's really grasping for "positive" though.

Comment

Oh, no. I had hoped they'd find this poor girl alive.

Did this girl going missing receive such press coverage because the police already suspected it would be a murder case?
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X