• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making a will

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a will

Seriously thinking about doing this now at my advanced age. Anybody done this? Can you do it yourself or is there a need to get lawyers involved?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Seriously thinking about doing this now at my advanced age. Anybody done this? Can you do it yourself or is there a need to get lawyers involved?
    Who are you going to leave your collection of grot mags to then.

You can get a will pack from WHSmiths, or Staples.

Or lawyers usually advertise in the local rag, standard mirror will being around £150.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Who are you going to leave your collection of grot mags to then.
      I cannot see your family descending on the lawyers like an Agatha Christie scene after they have laced your curry with arsenic.

"And to SY01 I leave my CUK login and 2 pounds sterling, my worldly goods".

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I cannot see your family descending on the lawyers like an Agatha Christie scene after they have laced your curry with arsenic.

"And to SY02-14 I leave my 17 CUK logins and 2 pounds sterling, my worldly goods".
        FBOTFY
        Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
        Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Check your bank account? Some accounts have a will writing service which somes as part of the package. They won't do anything majorly out of the ordinary but may be sufficient.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

In all seriousness you can do it legally on here. I'll help

'I Tony M being of sound mind hereby bequeath the following on the confirmation of my death.

To my friend Minestrone I leave the contents of
            my spirits cabinet

To my friend Cojak, I leave my collection of guitars I
            collected during the 1950s and the book Rolf Harris plays the Ukele

To Suityou I leave my bedding, you may want to have it cleaned first what with the groupy action I had in the 70s

To Mary Poppins I leave my dartboard and a picture of me playing the guitar

While to my good friend Mr Marillion Fan I leave my house, car(if they ever find it) and all
            my cash, plus royalties from my music

and finally to my special friend, my buddy Woderick I leave my collection of sexually transmitted diseases I hope he has as much fun with them
            as I did

Yours

Sign here
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Don't worry you ain't going to die soon Cliphead

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                In all seriousness you can do it legally on here. I'll help

'I Tony M being of sound mind hereby bequeath the following on the confirmation of my death.

To my friend Minestrone I leave the contents of
                my spirits cabinet

To my friend Cojak, I leave my collection of guitars I
                collected during the 1950s and the book Rolf Harris plays the Ukele

To Suityou I leave my bedding, you may want to have it cleaned first what with the groupy action I had in the 70s

To Mary Poppins I leave my dartboard and a picture of me playing the guitar

While to my good friend Mr Marillion Fan I leave my house, car(if they ever find it) and all
                my cash, plus royalties from my music

and finally to my special friend, my buddy Woderick I leave my collection of sexually transmitted diseases I hope he has as much fun with them
                as I did

Yours

Sign here
                Perfect, where do I sign?
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Perfect, where do I sign?
                  Star button. Bottom left.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Star button. Bottom left.
                    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MarillionFan again...

Next time
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X