• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not as cheap as chips for much longer, buy now while stocks last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as cheap as chips for much longer, buy now while stocks last

Japan update - A quarter of global silicon wafer production suspended - CIE - Components in Electronics

Oh Dear(tm).

Price increases on their way.

JP Morgan Forecasts 30% NAND Under-Supply By May - Mannerisms

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/blo...ply-chain.html

The Dog That Didn't Bark - Mannerisms

Supplies Of NAND And Raw Wafers Still Uncertain - Mannerisms

Oh deary deary me.

Earthquake And Tsunami Could Wreck Chip Industry, says Penn - Mannerisms

Buy now while stocks last.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 26 April 2017, 14:40.

Surely there was a better joke related to "chips are down". The fish are radioactive too.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      A world shortage of quad-NAND 7400s?

Comment

Right then, I might treat myself to that new SSD now if it's not going to get any cheaper for a bit.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          More likely that it's going to get a good deal more expensive.
          So should I spend my life savings on USB flash drives and SD cards and then flog them on eBay in 3-6 months?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

D'oh! And the government just put the devices that use these things in the inflation idex instead of essentials. How are they going to fiddle the inflation figures now?

Comment

Lot of buzz about that. Lack of components going to impact very heavily in the next few months.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Flip it - Does that mean 256 Gbyte memory sticks will be more expensive?

I was planning to buy one (unless there's a 512 Gbyte stick out now)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X