• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mileage allowance increase - did everyone miss this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage allowance increase - did everyone miss this?

It appears that the mileage allowance has increased in the budget - haven't seen any mention of it anywhere (including on here...)

Not sure when it comes into effect though....?

Budget 2011 - motoring and travel : Directgov - Newsroom

Half way down the page...

Approved Mileage Allowance Payments (AMAPs)
    For motorists who are required to use their own vehicle for work, the Approved Mileage Allowance Payments (AMAPs) rate will rise to:

•45 pence per mile for the first 10,000 miles (up from 40 pence a mile)
    •25 pence per mile thereafter
    Still Invoicing

Comes into effect from 6 April 11.

You can also find an overview here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2011/overview.pdf

Comment

I must admit I missed it on the day, only found out when I got back home from the News, I think I commented on it in the main Budget thread
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thanks. A very useful post, I somehow missed it!

Comment

No mention of changing the allowance for motorcycles though

Comment

Only applies if you are within the 10,000 mile limit come 11 April or you are starting a new role in a new location etc, etc.

And yes, I saw it reporting during the BBC Budget.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Only applies if you are within the 10,000 mile limit come 11 April or you are starting a new role in a new location etc, etc.

And yes, I saw it reporting during the BBC Budget.
              Sorry I don't get you? Don't you get 10,000 miles every financial year? So wouldn't that mean you can start claiming 45p from April 11th as your clock resets so to speak?

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Only applies if you are within the 10,000 mile limit come 11 April
                Not even I'd consider doing 10,000 miles between 6th April and 11th April. What are you talking about?

I'd completely missed this. It makes me wish I had a gig to commute to.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  Sorry I don't get you? Don't you get 10,000 miles every financial year? So wouldn't that mean you can start claiming 45p from April 11th as your clock resets so to speak?
                  Yes, except apparently the clock gets restarted if you change employer (that's not client, but employer).

i.e. If you go from Umbrella to Ltd or the other way I suppose or permie to Ltd or Umbrella.

The accountants can confirm or deny this and I'd appreciate it if they did as I'm definitely NOT an accountant

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    Yes, except apparently the clock gets restarted if you change employer (that's not client, but employer).

i.e. If you go from Umbrella to Ltd or the other way I suppose or permie to Ltd or Umbrella.

The accountants can confirm or deny this and I'd appreciate it if they did as I'm definitely NOT an accountant
                    Yes, I can confirm the above.

The "clock" resets each 6th April.

The rates remain the same for motorbikes (24p per mile) and cycles (20p per mile)

Alan

Comment

Working...
                    X