• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My rugby tens team is bombing the Libyan rugby tens team

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rugby tens team is bombing the Libyan rugby tens team

From the Amsterdam Sevens website;

"One of our Veterans teams is bombing another of our Veterans teams. Monikers has a lot of US Military in their team and because of the current situation a number of their players will not be able to make it to the Amsterdam Sevens. They are bombing Libya, including another of the teams, Tripoli Camels. And the enforcement of the no-fly zone will make it difficult for the Camels to get to Amsterdam."

Amsterdam sevens - rugby tournament

Quite a hard game.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I say, that's rather unsporting.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I say, that's rather unsporting.
      I'm sure everyone will be happy to buy his opposite number a drink afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I'm sure everyone will be happy to buy his opposite number a drink afterwards.
        I wouldn't be surprised if their aim was unforgivable anyway.

Edit: oh hang on, Yanks you say?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if their aim was unforgivable anyway.

Edit: oh hang on, Yanks you say?
          Yep, it's a bit of a story as to how I ended up playing for them last year, but it's a combined US military and invitation team that raises a few quid/dollars/euros for army veterans; great bunch of guys and some very handy players including a couple of capped US internationals, but unfortunately all their leave has been withdrawn due to 'events unfolding in the Arab world'.

Comment

Working...
          X