• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tour of Duty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tour of Duty

Anyone r IN CASE you don't rememberof series 1.

Didn't get to bed until 4 O' clock!

Just beware of the DVD versions, they've changed the soundtrack to save a few quid
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      Just beware of the DVD versions, they've changed the soundtrack to save a few quid
      Wot, no Hendrix?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Wot, no Hendrix?
        No Hendrix, no Paint it black (so no Stones either)

Comment

loosing the soundtrack to that series is criminal.

used to watch it back in my student days - was on about 1 am ish so a good way to end an evening of imbibing whatever was available.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

used to watch it back in my student days - was on about 1 am ish so a good way to end an evening of imbibing whatever was available.
            Same here. I seem to recall that on Saturday nights there would be a load of programmes like this & Bathmen etc strung together by some very quirky items, one of which was called "in the barber's chair" where someone like lemmy or ollie reed would get their haircut & provide some entertaining banter. There was also slot where people were interviewed on a floating set in a river or something.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

It's almost worth buying it on VHS and digitise it. Quality would be poor be better than nothing

I'd wait for a special edition that's got the proper soundtrack, or perhaps theres a decent torrent of the TV series out there ?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                Anyone r IN CASE you don't rememberof series 1.

Didn't get to bed until 4 O' clock!
                My, how interesting. Thanks for that.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  Same here. I seem to recall that on Saturday nights there would be a load of programmes like this & Bathmen etc strung together by some very quirky items, one of which was called "in the barber's chair" where someone like lemmy or ollie reed would get their haircut & provide some entertaining banter. There was also slot where people were interviewed on a floating set in a river or something.
                  What was the name of the student fronted cook show which used to show you how to make stuff like kit-kat on toast and other 'culinary' oddities?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    What was the name of the student fronted cook show which used to show you how to make stuff like kit-kat on toast and other 'culinary' oddities?
                    I remember that. It was awful. I think it was called "Get Stuffed"

Tour of duty was excellent though.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X