• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Censorship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Censorship

Way to go Admin.
    Last edited by Clippy; 26 March 2011, 13:01.

I take it that the thread that said nothing about some people has disappeared?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

After a dull start, it got quite lively. It disappeared just as I was getting to the last page. Friday is becoming flounce day; last week SY, now AtW.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I take it that the thread that said nothing about some people has disappeared?
        Given what was written and the fact that it was attached to a link to a specific person, it could probably have been construed as libellous. It didn't have the justification of being particularly funny either (not that being funny would help in court). Sticking a footnote on it saying "I don't really mean that person who I've linked to up there, honest" wouldn't wash either. Best to be rid of it IMHO.

Comment

So now we have no post that shows AtW flouncing.

I couldn't see anything libellous, and nor could I find anything in the Google cache, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Given what was written and the fact that it was attached to a link to a specific person, it could probably have been construed as libellous. It didn't have the justification of being particularly funny either (not that being funny would help in court). Sticking a footnote on it saying "I don't really mean that person who I've linked to up there, honest" wouldn't wash either. Best to be rid of it IMHO.
            Perhaps - I'll leave it to the more knowledgeable to debate this.

However, the OP brought it upon himself and then kicked up a fuss to try and cover up his stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              So now we have no post that shows AtW flouncing.

I couldn't see anything libellous, and nor could I find anything in the Google cache, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
              What it said was... nah, hang on, I'm not falling for that one

Comment

I don't think AtW was flouncing just not posting any more SKA news.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  As much as I hate to agree with Nick... I won't. Completely.

Actually IMHO Paddy's parody was ******* hilarious. The only issue was the parody was about someone real, who would have Googled it and hence it would have reflected badly on said poster/and company and individual.

At the end of the day, it's anonymous forum, Nick chooses to use his real name, doesn't post anything offensive and so anyone googling Nick can see him for the exciting CAMRA member he is, AtW chooses to 'boast' of his business / link it (that's historical - it's a plan B he started from this site pre 2005, I can see where he's coming from, he's proud of it, been on this forum a long time, mooted the idea here and received backing/praise & (is probably the most successful plan B CUK has had - cough - winker) , I choose not to advertise mine(as do others for obvious reasons) so in hindsight knowing the forum he's probably best to start distancing his business and online personality from the forum as his business grows bigger.

Sorry AtW. I would cut out the SKA threads. It's a different audience these days
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

I don't think AtW was flouncing just not posting any more SKA news.
                    Let me see if I understand this - He started a thread saying there was NO SKA news?

Well I guess it isn't the first time he's done that.

edit: I just read MF's post, preceding mine, which gives a good idea what happened.
                    Last edited by OwlHoot; 25 March 2011, 22:05.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X