• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skype Call Quality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype Call Quality

Anyone on here use Skype a lot for calling -

Current home phone is £60 a month and that can be reduced to £10 with one of their subscriptions

I ve tried Skype before and was disspointed with their call quality - Whats it like for you?

Call quality's always been excellent to landlines, I call the US frequently. It's gets poor sometimes with Skype to Skype calls when the other party has a crappy built-in webcam / mic on a laptop.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Call quality's always been excellent to landlines, I call the US frequently. It's gets poor sometimes with Skype to Skype calls when the other party has a crappy built-in webcam / mic on a laptop.
      Thanks cliphead

Is there any way we can use our existing cordless phones to use Skype or do we need to shell out for new skype cordless phones

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
        Thanks cliphead

Is there any way we can use our existing cordless phones to use Skype or do we need to shell out for new skype cordless phones
        I think you need a dual DECT phone to do that. I have a dedicated handset that's getting a bit old so might go for the dual option.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I've used Skype as my main means of comunication between me and my business partners for a few years now. It works well and the call quality is fine too.

At home we have a US Robotics phone set that is a few years old, and needs a PC to be on to work. It does the job but is no where near as easy as just dialing through Skype itself. Newer versions are probably better.

Comment

Working...
          X