• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cricketing question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cricketing question

It has been brought to my attention that it would be socially expedient for me to partake in the game of cricket.

I therefore would like to pose some questions regarding the rules and regulations thereof.

When a cricket player makes a catch, he is often seen to launch the ball high into the air in an act of flamboyant celebration. I have noticed this occurring before the umpire has raised his finger so if the player were to drop the ball, could the umpire declare the batsman not out?

Why is there sometimes a helmet on the ground behind the wickie?

What is a "leggy"? I know the term refers to leg spinner but does this mean they aim at the batsmans legs or does it refer to an action performed with the legs during the act of bowling?

It's quite important for me to understand the rules of the game otherwise the people with whom I wish to ingratiate myself will think I am some kind of misfit.

Finally, what fielding position would be best for me given that I am such a butterfingers?

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

Finally, what fielding position would be best for me given that I am such a butterfingers?
    Making cucumber sandwiches in the pavilion?

Comment

I therefore would like to pose some questions regarding the rules and regulations thereof.
      Cricket doesn't have rules and regulations - it has laws.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

In the slips - named specifically because it doesn't matter so much if the balls slips between your fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          it doesn't matter so much if the balls slips between your fingers.
          Try telling Malc that!

Comment

Try telling Malc that!
            Listen, away and **** off you really are a thick **** if you think anyone for a minute believes any of the tulipe that comes out of your mouth.

Sad deluded individual that thinks it's amusing to create some fictional character and can't even carry it off convincingly.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Try telling Malc that!
              Oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                Listen, away and **** off you really are a thick **** if you think anyone for a minute believes any of the tulipe that comes out of your mouth.

Sad deluded individual that thinks it's amusing to create some fictional character and can't even carry it off convincingly.
                If you don't like gricer's posts, just avoid them.

I find them quite amusing, like jewels glistening in a sea of sh1te.

Comment

I find them quite amusing, like turds glistening in a sea of sh1te.
                  FTFY
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I find them quite amusing, like jewels glistening in a sea of sh1te.
                    You just encourage him to clutter the board with his tulip, which then encourages more people to start rolling out the sockies as well.

I'm incredulous that I've found someone who finds them amusing though. I might do a poll.
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X