• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been on a demonstration?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever been on a demonstration?

In light of the TUC and recent student demoes, poll to follow.
    No never! Waste of time
    52.17%
    No. But would have liked to
    0.00%
    Yes. Been on a few small marches
    21.74%
    Yes. Done the whole thing, demo, chanting ,camps
    13.04%
    Yes! And given the state a bloody nose, fought with coppers and smashed the place up
    4.35%
    I went on holiday with AndyW
    8.70%
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Nope, but, a gnatts chuff from being in the middle of the EDL march in Manchester a few months ago. What a bunch of angry arrogant aggressive tosspots.

We used to have a kickboxing group at my local gym, affectionately know as the local EDL......

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      In light of the TUC and recent student demoes, poll to follow.
      Where is it then?

Yes I went on a peaceful anti-ID cards demo in Parliament square just before they were outlawed. Luckily incognito hadn't brought his boot-boy thug scum to our capital that day so did the protest and went home.

Happened across Brian Haw who I think is a bit misguided and eccentric but perfectly harmless unlike boot boy scum.

Comment

Yes, in Soviet Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Where is it then?

Yes I went on a peaceful anti-ID cards demo in Parliament square just before they were outlawed. Luckily incognito hadn't brought his boot-boy thug scum to our capital that day so did the protest and went home.

Happened across Brian Haw who I think is a bit misguided and eccentric but perfectly harmless unlike boot boy scum.
          You can call us what you want, what gets up my nose though is people who protest at the state of the country and the actions of the state, yet are the first ones who go crying to the state when they get a taste of their own medicine. As per MF's analogy of the poll tax riot.

And no, I've never been on a demo.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Yes, in Soviet Union.
            What are their responses to protests like?
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Hang on, do these marches have to be demos against Government policy, or do Gay Pride marches count too?

Some peoples' choices might depend on clarifying that.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Hang on, do these marches have to be demos against Government policy, or do Gay Pride marches count too?

Some peoples' choices might depend on clarifying that.
                Good point. For Gay Pride marches assuming AndyW.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  What are their responses to protests like?
                  You were not allowed to protest - demonstrations were a semi-annual event to express support to the Party and The Leader.

Everyone was very happy on those days.

Comment

Poll tax riots. Almost 21 years ago to the day. 'ave it coppa. Thatch out!
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X