• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling a car privately

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a car privately

Used to be easy, now seems to only attract idiots ringing you up telling you there's a recession on and they want the car but with 50% off the price.

This will be the last car I sell privately. Utter time wasting.

Thankyou for listening.

I just sold my car. quick quick.

No hassle

Quick quick.

(That's it, no idea what the bloody site was though)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Cheapskate - support the economy by allowing second hand car salesmen make a living!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Used to be easy, now seems to only attract idiots ringing you up telling you there's a recession on and they want the car but with 50% off the price.

Thankyou for listening.
        I've done it once and had some real nutters calling me. One man camped outside my house for a couple of hours when I refused his (ridiculous) offer. The lady who eventually bought the car was a nutter, too. She didn't know the first thing about cars or buying them, and didn't even know what the registration document was for, let alone how to open the bonnet.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Thankyou for listening.
          That'll be the traders/pikies/webuyanycar.com pretending to be private buyers. Beware the ones who send their sons/daughters round to agree your price first - then turn up with their fathers/uncles/brothers who then try and knock the price down. Had that last year and they kept turning up/phoning until eventually I sold it to someone else for near to full asking.

Comment

Oh great.

I'm selling my car at the moment, this is a really encouraging thread!!
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I sold my car for scrap because it was broken. I should have got it mended.

I loved that car.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I buy 'em, kill 'em, scrap 'em...

Bing!

Comment

Sold my XC70 privately on autotrader a year or so ago.

Had the time wasters and garages looking for stock even though I said no garages. "Oh you'll never get that price"

Admittedly I had to keep the advert going for a few weeks, but in the end my car went to a nice owner. As it turns out we're not all in this together, some people actually have money to spend
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Trade it in for a new car and let the dealer take all the hassle.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X