• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price crash doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House price crash doom

http://www.landreg.gov.uk/assets/lib...11_x1p5cst.pdf

February's data shows a
    negative monthly house price
    change of -0.8 per cent. The
    average house price in England
    and Wales is now £162,215.

The annual change is also
    negative, at -1.7 per cent, which
    is the second month in a row in
    which the figure has been below
    zero. This is also the largest fall
    since October 2009.

Sales volumes averaged 56,257
    per month from September to
    December 2010. This is a fall
    from the 65,939 average for the
    same period 12 months before
    this.

I'm guessing the BoE will be printing more money soon to prop up house prices.

I'll be buying more gold.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.landreg.gov.uk/assets/lib...11_x1p5cst.pdfI'm guessing the BoE will be printing more money soon to prop up house prices.
    Almost my counterphobic crustacean; have no fear, increasing house price valuations will continue their asymptotic rise to a fiscal nirvana enjoyable by all.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I certainly hope so as we're due to complete in 4 weeks....
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I'm guessing the BoE will be printing more money soon to prop up house prices.
        Well there is a danger of inflation getting a bit low and not enough money has been printed according to Adam Posen who presumably has index linked everything and has stashed away his cash some place safe.

Bank of England (BoE) policy maker Adam Posen has fanned the debate on whether to raise interest rates by claiming that inflation is likely to fall to 1.5% by the middle of next year...The BoE Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) member has been a lone voice in favour of expanding the Bank’s asset purchase programme, more commonly known as quantitative easing, by £50bn to £250bn.
        http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sha...ory_id=4135489

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I certainly hope so as we're due to complete in 4 weeks....
          Selling... or buying?

Comment

Working...
          X