• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We'll soon be in the 21st century

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll soon be in the 21st century

Funny how recent centuries have overshot their numeric end by a few years:

* The basically 18th century Napoleonic wars not ending until 1815

* The Victorian era in practice ending in 1914, when some archduke was assassinated

Now the computer models of ex-Goldman Sachs analyst, Charles Nenner, reckon the Stock Market will plummet on account of a major war by the end of 2012

Nemmer has quite a good record of predictions too. Apparently he predicted the stock market and housing collapse over two years before the fall of Lehman Brothers.

So any guesses where and how this punch up will arise? China v India? Middle East or Iran v Israel? EU v US?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So any guesses where and how this punch up will arise? China v India? Middle East or Iran v Israel? EU v US?
    Well, there is plenty of choice.

India vs Pakistan has potential, and if Pakistans nukes were to fall into the wrong hands it could be Al Queda v the world on a grand scale.

US / EU / China I don't see kicking off, although you never know with the Chinese I reckon they can see that globalisation is good for them.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well, in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, hatred of all politicians and the quiet withdrawal of the AGW meme and wind turbine construction.

However, one thing’s for certain: we’re all going to feel a lot poorer in the coming years.

Apart from CUK oligarch DimPrawn, of course!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

i predict a war in the middle east.

Israel makes peace with some new arab democracies then feels justified on going on the attack, in the interests of national survival of course.

The new greater israel hegemony

shudder

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Nemmer has quite a good record of predictions too. Apparently he predicted the stock market and housing collapse over two years before the fall of Lehman Brothers
          Predicting them 2 years in advance isn't impressive. Predicting them 2 weeks in advance would have been impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Predicting them 2 years in advance isn't impressive. Predicting them 2 weeks in advance would have been impressive.
            Indeed. I predicted the whole mess years ago, which is why I never bought a house or saved any money.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X