• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip

I'm surprised this has not been commented on.

Last week saw the death of Linda Smith, a stalwart of R4 comedy shows, and she was not even 50 years of age. I for one will miss her contributions and her ability to cut down the pompous. She once described David Mellor as "the thinking women's fat ugly bastard" and referred in one memorable rant to Jeffrey Archer as "Norman Stanley Archer". Marvelous stuff. When on form she was incomparable.

And a few days ago Ivor Cutler popped his clogs. A sad loss.

had heard about linda smith...but not ivor c. another fav of mine a couple of days ago - ali farka toure.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
      had heard about linda smith...but not ivor c. another fav of mine a couple of days ago - ali farka toure.
      Toure's gone? I received his latest album today from Amazon and was listening to it earlier. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        Toure's gone? I received his latest album today from Amazon and was listening to it earlier. Sad.
        Boll*cks, he was playing last night.

Comment

he was good but not that good...

Comment

Also Profumo, (ex-secretary for war IIRC)
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yes, very sad about Linda Smith she was very funny.

Listen to this for a sample of her

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/genre...adio4/newsquiz

Comment

memorable rant to Jeffrey Archer as "Norman Stanley Archer".
                Just listened to that rant, very funny. 'Prostitute swerve' make me LOL.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Oh no! She was a very funny lady. Used to enjoy a bit of Ivor Cutler too (he was on some of my taped-off-the-radio compilations in the 6th form), but found him a bit too cryptic even for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X