• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now you can't even fire the old bastards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you can't even fire the old bastards

More New Lie legislation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4791238.stm

Employers will be banned from forcing workers to retire before the age of 65 under new age discrimination laws outlined by the government.
    Under the plans, all forms of direct and indirect age discrimination will be outlawed from October.

While the plans have been broadly welcomed, lawyers have warned they may lead to a rash of employment tribunals.

Legal experts are concerned the law may affect redundancy pay and the minimum wage which both vary according to age.

According to experts, when similar legislation was introduced in Ireland, related court cases increased by 19%, while in the US there was a 40% rise.

'Clear steer'

Nicola Dandrige, head of equality at trade union law firm Thomsons said there were "large areas of uncertainty" about how the new regulations will be applied.

Now where have we heard that before regarding New Lie legislation...

About time too!!! I intend to insist on my rights to be incontinent, senile and ramble on about ailments 15 hours a day and if I am not immediately hired in front of all you revolting disrespectful younger sorts (who don't know you are born) I shall sue. I know my rights.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

xog, I bow to you. What's up with your prostate?

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
        xog, I bow to you. What's up with your prostate?
        It's doing very nicely in its jar on the sideboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          It's doing very nicely in its jar on the sideboard.
          Aren't prostates a delicacy for giant alien lizards?

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
            Aren't prostates a delicacy for giant alien lizards?
            Yes but they have to eaten fresh and Giant Alien Lizards ahve an aversion to arseholes.

HTH
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I agree, 'bout bloody time.

It's EU legislation BTW.

tim

Comment

We play a game here to see who has the biggest wet patch under their chair by the end of the day.

The winner gets to use the electric wheel chair!

Comment

Working...
                X