• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Satisfaction is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satisfaction is...

replacing 2,500 lines of code with 50 lines of code and the only difference the client sees is the performance increase
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    replacing 2,500 lines of code with 50 lines of code and the only difference the client sees is the performance increase
    Own up, 2450 lines were just comments

Comment

Or you could have moved the code to a faster server and spent the rest of the day playing quake on your mobile
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

SQL bolognese I presume?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No, satisfaction is replacing 50 lines of code with 2,500 lines of code and the only difference the client sees is an eye-watering invoice at the end of the month.

Comment

aw yeah! amen bro
            sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              No, satisfaction is replacing 50 lines of code with 2,500 lines of code and the only difference the client sees is an eye-watering invoice at the end of the month.

Someone had done that before I started and there is no way I'm writing 250,000 lines of code
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Someone had done that before I started and there is no way I'm writing 250,000 lines of code
                Dunno. My second contract (in the 1980s) worked out at about a quid a line of code I wrote. That included decent comments. What would a 1986 quid be worth in today's currency?

It's amazing how much code you can knock out with a bit of planning and a scripting language
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

On most of my contracts I end up decommissioning more code than I write. It's a good job nobody measures productivity in kLoCs any more. (Did they ever? I've read about a dozen books that say it's a useless measure, and zero books that say it's a decent one.)

Comment

Working...
                  X