• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorway junctions designed by feckwhits.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorway junctions designed by feckwhits.

This is my nomination:

CBRD » Bad Junctions » M50-B4221 (Linton Interchange)

M50 Junction 3.

It's really amazing.

The sign on the motorway shows a 90 degree bend.

And they ain't joking.

Not to mention the feckwhit locals coming onto the M50 westbound & going straight into the outside lane making me brake.

It's positively lethal.

If you don't know the area, you might think that the sign is joking.

Unfortunately, it isn't.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...07693&t=h&z=17
    Last edited by zeitghost; 26 April 2017, 17:47.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Ever since I read about that one on CBRD I've fancied going to have a look at it. Next time I'm down that way...

My local nightmare junction is the Catthorpe Interchange. When I was working in Cambridge the other year I had the delight of that one at this end, and Girton Interchange at the other

Comment

Is this a long winded way of telling us you've smashed up your car?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Ever since I read about that one on CBRD I've fancied going to have a look at it. Next time I'm down that way...

My local nightmare junction is the Catthorpe Interchange. When I was working in Cambridge the other year I had the delight of that one at this end, and Girton Interchange at the other
        Catthorpe is the worst thing ever - approaching the A14 on the M6 is a nightmare if you are Mr Boring like me who moves over and slows gradually in plenty of time as I'm continually cut up by Mr last-minute thrusting alpha-dick.

What is even worse is that if going to A14 there are two lanes around the roundabout, so the last Mr Apha-dick who had to tuck in behind tries to race past only to find it narrows to one and he's about to drive straight into the front of a 44 tonner coming the other way.

Taking the M1 North from there seems to bring out similar behaviour as in spite of there being a reasonably large acceleration area, Mr knob and his mates are always keen to get out of there and across the motorway ASAP causing chaos in the oncoming M1 traffic - and there have been several fatal accidents there to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Catthorpe is the worst thing ever - approaching the A14 on the M6 is a nightmare if you are Mr Boring like me who moves over and slows gradually in plenty of time as I'm continually cut up by Mr last-minute thrusting alpha-dick.

What is even worse is that if going to A14 there are two lanes around the roundabout, so the last Mr Apha-dick who had to tuck in behind tries to race past only to find it narrows to one and he's about to drive straight into the front of a 44 tonner coming the other way.

Taking the M1 North from there seems to bring out similar behaviour as in spite of there being a reasonably large acceleration area, Mr knob and his mates are always keen to get out of there and across the motorway ASAP causing chaos in the oncoming M1 traffic - and there have been several fatal accidents there to my knowledge.

Audi driver.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Audi driver.
            and BMW and some of the slightly tulipter mercedes
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

That's quite bad. As a non-driver and occasional cyclist, the best I can offer is the Tavistock Place Chicken-Game Lane-Switch, which is extra fun if there's a wide vehicle alongside and another cyclist heading towards you.

Tavistock Place, Camden Town - Google Maps

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I can remember when that junction only went south.

You had to exit the M6 at Junction 1 & take the A426 to Junction 20 on the M1.

It was ever so much fun.
                When we first moved down south from Liverpool, the M6 stopped at Birmingham and you had to get to the M1 by other means. When they opened up the stretch of the M6 connecting to the M1 it shortened our journey time from four hours to three.

I also remember my father commenting, as we left the M6 at Warrington, that it was the first time he'd changed gear since joining the M1 at Northampton. I doubt one could manage that nowadays

Comment

When we first moved down south from Liverpool, the M6 stopped at Birmingham and you had to get to the M1 by other means. When they opened up the stretch of the M6 connecting to the M1 it shortened our journey time from four hours to three.

I also remember my father commenting, as we left the M6 at Warrington, that it was the first time he'd changed gear since joining the M1 at Northampton. I doubt one could manage that nowadays
                  a few years ago, i did a gig at Montrose. I used to drive from Manchester at night , and my objective was to do the 7 hour journey with touching my brakes once.

incredibly, i managed it a couple of times

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Just this week I joined the M62 at Saddleworth at about 6.50pm, got up to speed and the next time I changed gear was on the M25 for the Dartford Bridge tolls at about 10.30pm.

If it wasn't for trucks on the A1 then I could easily do it without having to brake
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X