• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do banks check your credit file before sign the contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do banks check your credit file before sign the contract?

Hi All,

For my current role, I had to pass the security check. What do banks/IBs check now days? Will they check your credit file?

My friend’s friend got a job(not in IT) with Loyals TSB. He got rejected because he got a default on his credit file.

Do they do the same for IT contractors? If so, shall I check my credit file first? Will defaults on the credit file be a problem?
    Last edited by 7of9; 30 March 2011, 11:35.

Hi All,

For my current role, I had to pass the security check. What do banks/IMs check now days? Will they check your credit file?

Probably

My friend’s friend got a job(not in IT) with Loyals TSB. He got rejected because he got a default on his credit file.

Do they do the same for IT contractors? If so, shall I check my credit file first?

Up to you - do you think you need to?

Comment

If you haven't checked your credit file for a while then you should check it. Mainly to sort out problems such as mistaken names and mobile phone companies screwing up your file.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by 7of9 View Post
        Hi All,

For my current role, I had to pass the security check. What do banks/IBs check now days? Will they check your credit file?

Do they do the same for IT contractors? If so, shall I check my credit file first? Will defaults on the credit file be a problem?
        Two of my good friends work for banks; one for Santander and one for Visa. Both organisations credit checked them. The one working at Visa has a couple of CCJ and defaults on his file but all they asked him to do was to explain them. He did this and they seemed to accept it.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by pastalista View Post
          Two of my good friends work for banks; one for Santander and one for Visa. Both organisations credit checked them. The one working at Visa has a couple of CCJ and defaults on his file but all they asked him to do was to explain them. He did this and they seemed to accept it.

Good luck
          Thank you pastalista. I asked the agent and he said it wont affect the contract even one's credit file is not 'perfect'.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If you haven't checked your credit file for a while then you should check it. Mainly to sort out problems such as mistaken names and mobile phone companies screwing up your file.
            thanks Sue. you are right. I should always make sure there is no mistake on my credit file. no harm checking as some credit agency have free trial

Comment

Working...
            X