• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permiedom shame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permiedom shame

Sorry everyone, I've said yes.

It's an interesting job, easy commute, and should be a load of useful experience should I decide I can't take it any more come apprasil time. And the salary is 1000x my best hourly rate ever (from a couple of years ago), and I can increase that by 10% if I want by taking the pension contribution as cash.

I've been working it out, and based on my current rate I'm about 25% down in take home pay (far less if IR35 caught), and that's IF I manage to be in a contract for 10 months of the year, something I haven't managed in the last 2 years.

Still have 4 weeks to go on a contract. It's all worked out nicely: said yes to 5 week contract on Friday hoping the permie offer would come through and I'd do both.

Once again, I'm sorry, and I'll be sure to come back here and complain about it all.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

<whispers>Congrats on the gig!</whispers>

<shouts>SPLITTER!</shouts>

Comment

Well done!

Now you can have a career!!!

Comment

Does the offer include a company Vectra Diesel?

ps,
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I went Permie a month ago. Left a rate of £700 a day. However the oppurtunity here is a once in a lifetime (and I have shares).

Each opportunity is different, but fortune favours the brave.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Nowt wrong with mixing it up a bit. Good luck.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              And the salary is 1000x my best hourly rate ever
              Genius spin! This new job - is it as 10 Downing Street's new press officer?

Comment

Schwarzenegger accent:

"He'll be back"

If I'd taken the last permie position I was offered I'd probably be sitting on a much better pension by now. Our permie boss was leaving and I got offered his job if I'd go permie. Unfortunately it came too soon into a contract which allowed me to do a bit of catching up financially; a couple of months later would have been fine.

Some opportunities don't come by again. Go for it.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

You filfthy scum.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    You filfthy scum.

DimPrawn is professional and courteous
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X