• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life insurance through Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life insurance through Ltd

I know that some permie roles include life insurance in the benefits along with pernsion etc etc. Has anyone does this through their Ltd? Is it treated as a BIK?

Normally it's a benefit in kind, but there are policies that can be paid without such implications. A question for your IFA though, I don't have more details!
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

All the permie schemes I know of have the life insurance actually built into the pension scheme so it isn't actually an insurance policy as such and so it isn't a BIK.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What you need is a "relevant life policy". The company can pay the policy contributions as a business expenses and there is no B-i-K for the directors. There is no tax implication when it pays out either. A few of our clients have set them up recently through our IFA and they seem to work well enough. Its a relatively small market and not all life companies are doing it. From memory, we used Bright Grey, which is part of Royal London, for most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
          What you need is a "relevant life policy". The company can pay the policy contributions as a business expenses and there is no B-i-K for the directors. There is no tax implication when it pays out either. A few of our clients have set them up recently through our IFA and they seem to work well enough. Its a relatively small market and not all life companies are doing it. From memory, we used Bright Grey, which is part of Royal London, for most of them.
          Thanks for the info. The video at the bottom of this page is quite useful for anyone thinking about this.

Relevant life policies | Business | Bright Grey

Comment

Working...
          X