• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How should you drive a sports car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should you drive a sports car?

Apparently, when it's an electric sports car it should be driven "Mindfully"

BBC - Newsbeat - BBC denies rigging Top Gear Tesla Roadster car race

But in a statement on its website, Tesla said the Roadster's miles per charge had been certified at 211 miles by a third party European Union (EU) test.

It argued that because the car was "driven aggressively" on Top Gear the charge didn't last as long, but that if driven "mindfully" charges could last for 313 miles.
    Coffee's for closers

So it's ok for little old ladies?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In one episode I remember he drove a car so much on the test track it ran out of petrol, but he didn't make a song and dance about that.

If you drive a car like a Veyron at full tilt it will empty its fuel tank in about 30 minutes.

Anyway, no CO2 means no AGW means all the children (and fluffy kittens) are saved.

I'm saving up for one now.

Comment

Anyway, I've already got the hot hatch version.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          If you drive a car like a Veyron at full tilt it will empty its fuel tank in about 30 minutes.
          The difference being: Petrols cars take a couple of minutes to "recharge".
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Just buy two Teslas, when one is empty, jump into the other and put the other one on charge.

Comment

Apparently, when it's an electric sports car it should be driven "Mindfully"

BBC - Newsbeat - BBC denies rigging Top Gear Tesla Roadster car race
              Isnt 'electric' and sports car an oxymoron?
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Indeed, and that's the fundamental problem. Expect to see lots of electric cars on breakdown trucks, not because they've broken down (there's less to go wrong), just that the owner forgot to charge / the charger didn't work / they got stuck in a traffic jam / had to follow a diversion or for whatever reason they run out of juice and there's no choice but to trailer them back home. What are the carbon emissions per mile of an electric car when it's on the back of an AA diesel powered flatbed?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Indeed, and that's the fundamental problem. Expect to see lots of electric cars on breakdown trucks, not because they've broken down (there's less to go wrong), just that the owner forgot to charge / the charger didn't work / they got stuck in a traffic jam / had to follow a diversion or for whatever reason they run out of juice and there's no choice but to trailer them back home. What are the carbon emissions per mile of an electric car when it's on the back of an AA diesel powered flatbed?
                  Better than when it's running on batteries probably, since all the energy conversion costs of energy predominantly derived from fossil fuels in the UK are eliminated.

Comment

There are industrial charges with high amps that can recharge those cars very quickly - 15-30 mins, it's not something you can find in average household though.

Give it 5-10 years and finally nanotubes will be good enough to create instantly chargeable batteries - after that sky is the limit.

Comment

Working...
                    X