• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London B&B/Accomodation Help Needed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London B&B/Accomodation Help Needed!

Hey everyone,

Fist time posting on here and after reading all the great help everyone else has received I thought I'd try my luck!

Anyway, I'm going down to london for work and need a B&B, Room or flat ideally in the SW1 area or close to the victoria line as I will be working in Pimlico. I'll be staying their for six months and returning on weekends.

Any help is appreciated and thanks very much in advance!
    Chris

Originally posted by GeordieChris View Post
    Hey everyone,

Fist time posting on here and after reading all the great help everyone else has received I thought I'd try my luck!

Anyway, I'm going down to london for work and need a B&B, Room or flat ideally in the SW1 area or close to the victoria line as I will be working in Pimlico. I'll be staying their for six months and returning on weekends.

Any help is appreciated and thanks very much in advance!
    Chris
    Assuming Mon - Thursday Chris, how much are you looking to spend?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

For rooms.. bedsits...

SPARE ROOM for flatshare, house share, flat share & rooms for rent

have a lot of monday to fri lets. Search lets you tailor for that as well as short term lets. That tends to have a lot of shared flats/houses though they do have studio flats and one bed flats on there too. I'm sure there is a monday to friday website too but I've never tried it.

Really depends as MarillionFan says on what you are looking to spend. Because if you are not looking to share with others there may be other websites more suited for that.

I've lived in a few houshares in London, it can be good. People I'm with now make me psychotic so about to move out and live on my own.

Comment

I think MF might be looking to share more than a bit of info since the OP did refer to 'fist time' and may well fancy a bunk-up....

And a 'reach-round' mozhet byt'?

Comment

Originally posted by northernrampage View Post
          For rooms.. bedsits...

SPARE ROOM for flatshare, house share, flat share & rooms for rent

have a lot of monday to fri lets. Search lets you tailor for that as well as short term lets. That tends to have a lot of shared flats/houses though they do have studio flats and one bed flats on there too. I'm sure there is a monday to friday website too but I've never tried it.
          You mean this? Monday to Friday

Personally I would avoid staying with younger professional couples, families with young children or women with lots of cats. The first two as they need the money but really make it clear they don't want you around so are very rigid in their rules of occupancy and the third because why do you need more than one cat?

There are single people with spare rooms and no cats, older couples who know how to treat people, and families with older children plus your own en-suite on there.

B&Bs tend to be tulip and expensive in London. Plus most of them seem to be used by councils to house the homeless.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            B&Bs tend to be tulip and expensive in London. Plus most of them smell of piss.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Mentioned this before. When staying in some of the bigger Asian cities, Jakarta, Bangkok, Singapore I've stayed at 'Homestays'. They're like a cross between hotel/hostel and a private lodging/B&B.

You could rent for a few days or a few months. Be a communal lounge, some with a pool table type area, shared kitchen area, the owners would have like a small provisions cupboard you could buy food from and store in your room & if you needed a laundry service. Of course Asia is bigger and staff cheaper, but surely a concept like that in London could work if you had the space. (Actually I think DIm mentioned putting up static caravans last time)
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Mentioned this before. When staying in some of the bigger Asian cities, Jakarta, Bangkok, Singapore I've stayed at 'Homestays'. They're like a cross between hotel/hostel and a private lodging/B&B.

You could rent for a few days or a few months. Be a communal lounge, some with a pool table type area, shared kitchen area, the owners would have like a small provisions cupboard you could buy food from and store in your room & if you needed a laundry service. Of course Asia is bigger and staff cheaper, but surely a concept like that in London could work if you had the space. (Actually I think DIm mentioned putting up static caravans last time)
                It's called the YMCA.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Once upon a time in this country there was a concept of lodgings. Usually run by an unmarried lady who let out 2 or 3 rooms in her house.
                  You got a room, dinner, breakfast (possibly a packed lunch) and your laundry done
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Yup.

No female visitors.

Lights out after 10 pm.

Lovely.
                    And one bath a week.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X