• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is an office, not a personal wardrobe and bathroom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an office, not a personal wardrobe and bathroom

Why do so many people seem to want to come to work in one pair of shoes, take their shoes off, stink out the office with their sweaty feet wafting around and put on another pair of shoes?

Especially when they drive to work anyway so are not wearing walking shoes and have a collection of 4 pairs under the desk to annoy people on the surrounding desks with?

What about te people who have hot food at the desk, and a collection of crockery, cutlery and chomp away at cereal with that old milk smell seeping around the place?

Also, the people who use the shower in the disabled toilet to give their posterior a good hose down, leavng fluff marks all over the floor?

Why???

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Why do so many people seem to want to come to work in one pair of shoes, take their shoes off, stink out the office with their sweaty feet wafting around and put on another pair of shoes?

Especially when they drive to work anyway so are not wearing walking shoes and have a collection of 4 pairs under the desk to annoy people on the surrounding desks with?
    Because the shoes they wear in the office aren't comfortable and if they are like me and had their battered driving shoes in the car they would end up having loads of shoes in their car. Which if they have kids in the car means they lose their work shoes.

What about te people who have hot food at the desk, and a collection of crockery, cutlery and chomp away at cereal with that old milk smell seeping around the place?
    Some people like eating away from their kids as they actually get to eat their food.

Also, the people who use the shower in the disabled toilet to give their posterior a good hose down, leavng fluff marks all over the floor?

Why???
    Cyclists?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why???
      Why indeed are you using the disabled toilets?

Comment

Why???
        I wouldn't leave my work shoes in the office. I drive in flats and have heels in the boot. If I was perm though, I'd probably have a collection of heels under my desk to change into. Deal with it.

As for your last point, I'm not sure how someone can have a shower in the toilet.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I wouldn't leave my work shoes in the office. I drive in flats and have heels in the boot. If I was perm though, I'd probably have a collection of heels under my desk to change into. Deal with it.

As for your last point, I'm not sure how someone can have a shower in the toilet.
          WSS - I currently have 8 pairs under my desk Along with a whole heap of other tulip you would probably balk at Wilmslow.

MP - we have a shower in the disabled loo here too. It's more like a wet room with a loo in it.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            MP - we have a shower in the disabled loo here too. It's more like a wet room with a loo in it.
            That's just asking for people to shag at work, surely?
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              That's just asking for people to shag at work, surely?
              No, no - the sofas in the boardroom are asking for that

Funnily enough, there has been an occasion when 2 individuals were shagging in the ladies, and got caught. the disabled loo would have been much more private.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Come to Barvaria

Every Friday morning one of my German colleagues shouts out "Mahlzeit" (Meal time) at about 9:30AM.

That's because 3 hours earlier one of them has brought a 10Kg joint of beef into the kitchen (yes the kitchen in our office not the canteen, where there happens to be a two ring hob) or some dubious white sausages.

By 9am the whole office smells like Sunday afternoon at the pub after that long walk. I'm not long in the office having had my cereal and now feeling a little nauseous.

By 9:35am I'm the only one not sitting at my desk with a plate of beef and a pretzel
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Every Friday morning one of my German colleagues shouts out "Mahlzeit" (Meal time) at about 9:30AM.

That's because 3 hours earlier one of them has brought a 10Kg joint of beef into the kitchen (yes the kitchen in our office not the canteen, where there happens to be a two ring hob) or some dubious white sausages.

By 9am the whole office smells like Sunday afternoon at the pub after that long walk. I'm not long in the office having had my cereal and now feeling a little nauseous.

By 9:35am I'm the only one not sitting at my desk with a plate of beef and a pretzel
                  You haven't got into second breakfast yet then?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    No, no - the sofas in the boardroom are asking for that

Funnily enough, there has been an occasion when 2 individuals were shagging in the ladies, and got caught. the disabled loo would have been much more private.
                    Sofas? You're working in a bleedin' brothel!!
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X