• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poverty marchers or hypocrites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poverty marchers or hypocrites?

I live right beside the big park in central Edinburgh where the anti-poverty march starts and finishes. The shops in the area have never had such a good day for business. Luxury foodstuffs and beer seem to be particularly popular. So important to stuff your face in soldarity with the starving of Africa I find.

L O feckin L!

Live 8

Marching is hard work if you do it in London or Edinburgh. I'd like some of these hypocrites to go on a forced march in Darfur or Harare where there isn't a Starbucks around for miles to order a skinny fcuking latte and see how the real thing is like.

Comment

Re: Live 8

What would be the point of a Starbucks in Darfur, you couldn't get wi-fi on your laptop and do some surfing whilst you slurp your latté :hat

Comment

Starbucks

Spot on. Whenever I go into one of them (not very often I may add) there at least a couple of guys with their laptops using it as an office (they seem to spend ages there) sipping a latte and happily tap-tapping away.

Comment

its their money

> there at least a couple of guys with their laptops using it as an office

And what's your fecking problem with these people?

Comment

Now I know

I thought I recognised you the other day AtW !

Comment

me

I don't waste time drinking latte in rip-off places like that. You are yet to answer my question :rolleyes

Comment

Re: me

Nice to see you're out at last roger - do you have to wear the tag in bed?

Comment

Re: me

I don't waste time drinking latte in rip-off places like that.
                  So what sort of places does the AtW frequent?

Comment

Working...
                  X