• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

a new law against age descrimination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new law against age descrimination

A new employment law will come effect soon against age discrimination. Does it apply to contractor? If yes, can I reject agency's inquiry about age? As I know, in North Amercia, agency or employer wouldn't ask a interviewee about his/her age in any interview occation.
    Last edited by topgun; 10 March 2006, 11:03.

why? How old are you?
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I am not old for a contractor, but not happy with age inquiry. What age is golden time for a contractor?

Comment

I've never put my age on my CV, whether as a permie or a contractor and no-one's ever asked my age!

No-one's ever politely said I looked younger than I am either when I have revealed my age, must have that 'mature' look!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
          I've never put my age on my CV, whether as a permie or a contractor and no-one's ever asked my age!

No-one's ever politely said I looked younger than I am either when I have revealed my age, must have that 'mature' look!
          Darling, you dont look a day over 25!

Are you going to get your baps out now?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman

Smooth.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

If she does its off to light relief in more ways than one.

BTW. (Dont tell ayone, this is between us OK) This could backfire big time, I have never seen her, she could be a wrinckly old prune for all I know

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman

and I thought you only had eyes for mine!
                "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                  and I thought you only had eyes for mine!
                  Alas Janey, I am a fickle man. Please believe that I love you all equaly.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by topgun
                    A new employment law will come effect soon against age discrimination. Does it apply to contractor? If yes, can I reject agency's inquiry about age? As I know, in North Amercia, agency or employer wouldn't ask a interviewee about his/her age in any interview occation.
                    Yes and Yes.

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X