• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone know or deal with iPSP / IOM Payroll and Service Provision Limited??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know or deal with iPSP / IOM Payroll and Service Provision Limited??

Today my researcher has reported on the above.
    I told him about the web-site IPSP - Total payroll and remuneration solutions that says "Back Shortly! " and provides an address as 67 Strand Street Douglas - He went there but couldn't find any trace. Then he has checked and found that IOM Payroll and Service provision Limited was incorporated on 14 April 2010 with its Registered Office at 39 Bucks Road Douglas and its directors being 1) Fiona Jane Kirkham and 2) William Lloyd Bennett - both are British and Chartered Accountants and live on the Isle of Man. Then on 5 May 2010 the Company applied for and was granted the business name iPSP. So iPSP is NOT entitled to use Limited as part of its name. The researcher visited the Registered Office address 39 Bucks Road - all he could find was a metal post box inside a communal entrance hall with a piece of paper on with the names IOM Payroll and Service Provision Limited & iPSP Limited. There was no one in any of the other offices there who could say who collected the mail.
    However other sources led him to ascertain that both directors are actually employed by Baker Tilley Isle of Man you can see profiles of the two directors on the web-site Baker Tilly Isle of Man :: Our People
    He ventured an opinion that neither of the two directors are likely top be giving the strategic direction to running the business and that there is likely someone else in the back-ground as a 'shadow director' "pulling the strings" Does anyone know any other names who it might be?
    Apparently the 39 Bucks Road address was used by Baker Tilley as a temporary disaster recovery site from the 2A Lord Street office following a fire there. He says they are now located at Publishing House, Peel Road, Douglas whilst the fire damaged offices are renovated.
    He also did a check on the web-site domain name - he says that whilst the Registrant is IOM Payroll and service Provision Limited both the "Administrative Contact" and also the "Technical Contact" are:- Eddy Mercx - the contact telephone number for him is the same as on the web-site, 01624 665444, but there is no reply. When Baker Tilley were contacted they said they didn't recognise the name or have anyone called Eddy working for them.
    There is no local 'phone listing for such a person. The opinion ventured to me is that either it could be the real beneficial owner or a name used to hide behind.
    I see from a separate thread that Alan Jones claims to work in shared offices with Darwin/iPSP....but that address is 32 Victoria Street, Douglas.
    What comments does anyone else have on the set-up and operation of this company?
    That I can see who the directors are gives me some comfort but all the rest seems thrown together....

Let me get this straight.

In the face of the closure of one potentially dodgy offshore arrangement and its replacement by yet another similar but different one (that potentially denies you access to UK-based agencies, but let's not muddy the waters), meaning HMG is deadly serious in its intent to close down all such schemes as soon as they can, you are asking questions about a provider that doesn't physically exist, is run by shadow directors, whose address appears to be a sham and whose tech adviser once won the Tour de France...

Is your middle name "Lucky" by any chance?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

This is the second or third IoM company you have asked about - what's your agenda????
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer1 View Post
        Today my researcher has reported on the above.
        I told him about the web-site IPSP - Total payroll and remuneration solutions that says "Back Shortly! " and provides an address as 67 Strand Street Douglas - He went there but couldn't find any trace.
        IPSP receive post at 67 Strand Street - because it gets put into my letterbox. They are on 3rd floor.

Then he has checked and found that IOM Payroll and Service provision Limited was incorporated on 14 April 2010 with its Registered Office at 39 Bucks Road Douglas and its directors being 1) Fiona Jane Kirkham and 2) William Lloyd Bennett - both are British and Chartered Accountants and live on the Isle of Man.
        However other sources led him to ascertain that both directors are actually employed by Baker Tilley Isle of Man you can see profiles of the two directors on the web-site Baker Tilly Isle of Man :: Our People
        He ventured an opinion that neither of the two directors are likely top be giving the strategic direction to running the business and that there is likely someone else in the back-ground as a 'shadow director' "pulling the strings" Does anyone know any other names who it might be?
        I have met with 3 guys Mr C Connor (who introduced himself as) Chief Executive, Mr C. Cowley (ditto) FD and Martin Totty (ditto) Tax.

Comment

I don't want to be lucky just sure about who I go with...
          Amber Pay
          APS Group
          Bedouin
          Chesterfield
          CLW
          Darwin
          MaximumPay
          Platinum Pay
          Sanzar
          and are there any more??

Comment

Your "researcher" isn't up to snuff. Any basic research should tell you that they are all involved in dodgy EBT-type tax avoidance schemes which are being closed down left right and centre. Form a limited company and operate through that if you want to pay a reasonable amount of tax and get some sleep at night. And wasn't Eddy Mercx a cyclist?

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              This is the second or third IoM company you have asked about - what's your agenda????
              Some HMRC person or journalist doing some research the lazy way.

Lots of journalists are freelancers but most work the self-employed route.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Almost every single one of his posts contains the address and url of one of these soon to be dodgy schemes questioning their integrity in someway.

He's gonna start pimping one of his own under another sockie soon enough.

Watch this space.

Comment

That's some top notch digging around though.

Comment

Really impressive. At least three of them have gone bust or royally screwed their contractors...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X