• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No win No fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No win No fee

I sort of heard a bit about this on the radio, the other day. There is to be some sort of shake up

now I hate the compensation culture, and being stopped in the street by people asking me if I'm deaf or had an industrial accident and wheres there's blame there's a claim,

but there are two sides to every argument, does anyone think the current set up is a good one ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I hate ... being stopped in the street by people asking me if I'm deaf or had an industrial accident
    Do you think you look like you've been mangled, is that why they target you?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I sort of heard a bit about this on the radio, the other day. There is to be some sort of shake up

now I hate the compensation culture, and being stopped in the street by people asking me if I'm deaf or had an industrial accident and wheres there's blame there's a claim,

but there are two sides to every argument, does anyone think the current set up is a good one ?

Half the pakistani taxi-drivers in Oldham and Rochdale will be rioting in the streets!

Comment

I tripped on a pavement slab yesterday, but luckily I didn't fall. Instead I did an impression of Limpford Christie exiting the starting blocks ,but not as elegantly and without exposing my lunch box. How much do I get?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I tripped on a pavement slab yesterday, but luckily I didn't fall. Instead I did an impression of Limpford Christie exiting the starting blocks ,but not as elegantly and without exposing my lunch box. How much do I get?
          It depends, were you black to begin with?

Comment

"No win no fee" is a hair's breath away from Champerty, which has always been frowned on in English common law, for good reasons.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

On a serious note, I do think the idea that you can get representation without being rich is a very good one.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                It depends, were you black to begin with?
                Nope, the comparison with Christie was only in the speed of forward projection imparted on me as a result of unexpected contact with an immovable paving slab. Setting off from a starting block is like that I think, you have to fall to the ground violently but miss.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Nope, the comparison with Christie was only in the speed of forward projection imparted on me as a result of unexpected contact with an immovable paving slab. Setting off from a starting block is like that I think, you have to fall to the ground violently but miss.

It was meant to be funny. Oh well

FTR, I believe throwing yourself at the ground and missing is called flying - think that's a Sir Terry Pratchett construct but don't ask him as he's probably forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

It was meant to be funny. Oh well

FTR, I believe throwing yourself at the ground and missing is called flying - think that's a Sir Terry Pratchett construct but don't ask him as he's probably forgotten.
                    wasnt it douglas adams ?

i wish i had never read them books.

then i could read them all again for the first time

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X