• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple iPad craze might not last, say Microsoft and Dell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple iPad craze might not last, say Microsoft and Dell

You know, I'm shocked and stunned MS would say such a thing. It's almost like bitterness or something

Apple iPad craze might not last, say Microsoft and Dell - Telegraph
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It won't last given current dire stock levels!

Comment

I don't get it the appeal, they're too big to be a phone, and too restricted to take the place of laptop

When you can run 'apps' on your smart phone, watch movies on your smart phone etc etc and they're still small enough to fit in your pocket

It's a triumph of marketing over commonsense
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        I don't get it the appeal
        Regardless, you can't argue with the x million of people that have bought them. I'm sure most of them have found a use for it...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          I don't get it the appeal, they're too big to be a phone, and too restricted to take the place of laptop
          I bet you could of found yourself having a very similar argument over the PC 20 years ago convincing the local business to replace their notepad & pen with this flashy screen & keyboard. If you build like for like you'll go bankrupt if you invent the future you'll prosper.

Understand that and you'll understand why these products are successful.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Regardless, you can't argue with the x million of people that have bought them. I'm sure most of them have found a use for it...
            Millions of people bought the crazy frog album, you can't argue with peoples taste in music either
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I read that people like that e-books are shown in a very large font.

So I guess it is good for the elderly and the ones who have a hard time reading. MacFans basically.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
              X