• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Second hand trainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second hand trainers

I bought some second hand trainers from Amazon.

Well, actually ordered a brand new pair of Gel Asics - they have come already laced up with marks on the soles from a gym workout from somebody else!

Already emailed seller for a refund or replacement, but I need to work out the feedback wording - give me some ideas........

**** you,
    These aren't new,
    Give me a refund,
    Or I'll post you a poo.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Many years ago, bought some jeans from a catalogue. Came in an opened bag, with £20 in the pocket. Returned the jeans for refund, but kept the £20.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        I bought some second hand trainers from Amazon.

Seeing as you obviously have a fetish for other people's sports shoes, I have on offer;

1 pair Nike Free 3.0 running shoes (feel like running barefoot). One careless owner, 4 years old, used 2 to 3 times weekly (without socks) for sprinting up a hill that is often covered in dogtulip. Have been through washing machine a couple of hundred times.

2 One pair Asics cross trainers, used without socks for 3 years, primarily indoors, leather softened by sweat, also good friends with the TesterMiele.

3 Two pairs of rugby boots; one football boot style, edges torn but expertly repaired with gaffer tape, used for tens tournaments in summer when sweat levels prevent use of forwards boots. One with high ankles, only a bit scuffed, used on the sludgy pitches of the Netherswamp and occasionally on the sticky clay of Warwickshire, such that all the pores in the leather are clogged and they don't let air through anymore.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Shoes are better broken in. Although since I have wide feet, my shoes peak as far as I'm concerned long after people tell me to buy new ones. Usually my toes have broken through the sides by this point.

Comment

Did they smell of wee?

Comment

I should add that the running shoe industry, involving special shoes for heavy runners, lop-sided runners, people with bow legs etc. is a huge rip off operation anyway. If you can run without pain, then you're made for running, so you don't need big cushions, in fact you're better with as little cushioning as is necessary to protect the skin on your feet. If you can't run without pain, then you're probably not born for running, so do something else like cycling, rowing or gym training. Special poncey shoes will only make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I should add that the running shoe industry, involving special shoes for heavy runners, lop-sided runners, people with bow legs etc. is a huge rip off operation anyway. If you can run without pain, then you're made for running, so you don't need big cushions, in fact you're better with as little cushioning as is necessary to protect the skin on your feet. If you can't run without pain, then you're probably not born for running, so do something else like cycling, rowing or gym training. Special poncey shoes will only make things worse.
                Or walking uphill.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Or walking uphill.
                  What? Special shoes for walking uphill?

I suppose they'll give you extra exercise as you'll have the extra weight of carrying another pair of shoes to walk downhill again afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                  X