• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cannot find NTLDR, press any key to continue.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot find NTLDR, press any key to continue.

Before panicking like a headless parrot, take the floppy diskette out of the floppy drive, you feckwhit.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Before panicking like a headless parrot, take the floppy diskette out of the floppy drive, you feckwhit.
    Yes I remember that one, was going to suggest the solution if you hadn't found it!

Comment

I found it once I'd located the emergency boot disk at the bottom of the desk drawer.

And it wouldn't fit into the drive.

Comment

I did the same the other week - not even getting as far as the BIOS screen.

Then I remembered that I was charging my phone from the USB socket, and it was trying to boot from there.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You still have a working floppy drive? I'm not even sure that I still have a CD drive.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I did the same the other week - not even getting as far as the BIOS screen.

Then I remembered that I was charging my phone from the USB socket, and it was trying to boot from there.
            I've got a better one. When you specify an external USB drive as a backup device to Windows Server 2008 it whips its drive letter away and hides the disk from Explorer.

Guess what happens when you release that disk from the backup system?

It comes back as A:

And if you have 2 such USB drives allocated for backup, and you cancel backups completely, they come back as A: and B:

You couldn't make this stuff up.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              You still have a working floppy drive? I'm not even sure that I still have a CD drive.
              Several.

We're up to date here I'll have you know.

And they're not 8" or 5.25" either. <preen>

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                You couldn't make this stuff up.
                sadly I can believe anything having used some of the new windows O/S's
                sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

I've just remembered I intended to change that drive today.

For one I rescued out of a scrap pc.

I wonder if that one will work any better.

Comment

I found it once I'd located the emergency boot disk at the bottom of the desk drawer.

And it wouldn't fit into the drive.

I've certainly got that particular tee shirt.

Comment

Working...
                    X