• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A question on rates for tier 2 & sponsorship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question on rates for tier 2 & sponsorship

Thanks for the help.

[redacted]

This is illegal, it's called bodyshopping. Forget ILR - when you apply you'll get found out.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      This is illegal, it's called bodyshopping. Forget ILR - when you apply you'll get found out.
      One hopes.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by jimhead View Post
        I've been in the UK for 4 years on a Work Permit.

Effectively a company sponsors me to be here, and I'm then free to seek contracts. The company pays me PAYE, but funded from the contracts I bring in, obviously.

My company takes a 10% fee from my daily rate, which is currently £550pd. (Then I pay regular tax, NI, etc, under a regular PAYE system.)

Does anyone know of any decent competing services? At 10% of my daily rate, I'm paying this company over £12k p.a. They cover all my visa and legal costs, - which is great, - but this is still a very large amount of money, in my opinion.

I'm also less than 12 months away from getting Indefinite Leave to Remain, - unless the government changes the rules, - so maybe I should just ride this last year out.

It's sad how much I pay. £12k in agency fees. About £30k a year in tax.

- Jim
        If you have been sponsored you should be here working for the company that sponsored you. You are not supposed to be working as a disguised freelancer. Once your work has finished then you should go home -
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Troll

English is too good.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Troll

English is too good.
            Why would you assume it's not an Aussie, Saffer, Canadian, Yank, Kiwi etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              English is too good.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                English is too good.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  The english is too good for him not to be a Aussie, Saffer or Kiwi.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by jimhead View Post
                    I'm also less than 12 months away from getting Indefinite Leave to Remain, - unless the government changes the rules, - so maybe I should just ride this last year out.

- Jim
                    If you are real (and not a new sockie) then is it worth rocking the boat to save a few quid for 12 months.

Ride it out, become a legal and then sign on to all benefits, have 7 kids and enjoy Jeremy Kyle in style.

Comment

Working...
                    X