• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£40 voucher for Virgin wines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£40 voucher for Virgin wines

Don't know if anyone cares, but I have been sent a voucher code for Virgin Wines - Buy Wine Online - Delivered to Your Door

code: LOVE17
    password: DISCOVERY

The wine auctions can be quite good.

FYI, these are abundant all over the web. I order from Naked Wines all the time and have used numerous vouchers off t'internet.

www.WinesDirect.co.uk is one of 'em.

Comment

Most wine is cheaper down the supermarket. So you're really paying over the odds for home delivery.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Tried one of these special offers once. The wine was tulipe.
        Go round to Majestic whose staff are usually quite knowledgeable and ask them to make you up a crate.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Go round to Majestic whose staff are usually quite knowledgeable and ask them to make you up a crate.
          Watch out for the Majestic 12 offer though. You get a mad russian in a squirrel outfit delivering it, which in itself isn't so bad, but he only accepts nuts. Send the wife to answer the door.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I'm with laithewaites and it's pretty good. I don't know if comparable bottles are cheaper than in Tesco but in Tesco I wouldn't know what to pick anyway.
            One nice thing is bottles always have corks, not a screw-top in sight.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Watch out for the Majestic 12 offer though. You get a mad russian in a squirrel outfit delivering it, which in itself isn't so bad, but he only accepts nuts. Send the wife to answer the door.
              When you sign up with Majestic12Wine you get sent a corkscrew and a list of people with wine. You then have to go to their houses and open the wine for them, periodically sending a list of these back to head office.

You can then search (for a fee) and see who has the same wine as you.

HTH

Comment

Laithwaites and Virgin Wines have the same parent company (Direct Wines) although the range on offer is different.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Most wine is cheaper down the supermarket. So you're really paying over the odds for home delivery.

I don't know if it is cheaper from the supermarkets though. Yes, you won't get your famous brands with the internet based ones, as they sponsor smaller vineyards but as a quick calculation:

1 Case of 12 Bottles of Red @ £8.99 bottle - £107.88
                  Free Delivery over £100.00 - £0.00
                  £50 Voucher off (all over the net)

= £57.88 / 12 Bottles = £4.82 a bottle.

I've had so many wank wines for under a fiver at Tesco, than good ones...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm with laithewaites and it's pretty good. I don't know if comparable bottles are cheaper than in Tesco but in Tesco I wouldn't know what to pick anyway.
                    One nice thing is bottles always have corks, not a screw-top in sight.
                    Laithewaites and Virgin wine is tulipe. Sourced from the same crappy vineyards.
                    And if you knew anything about wine you would know that corked wine is not necessarily superior to screw-top. In fact it doesn't matter.

HTH, but IDI
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X