• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payback Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payback Day

What we really need is Payback Day, a nastier version of April Fool's day when we get back at people we really hate.

On Payback Day, you have legal immunity from prosecution for any single act of revenge committed before 12AM, provided it does not involve a direct personal attack and is reasonably funny.

Who would you get and how?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    What we really need is Payback Day, a nastier version of April Fool's day when we get back at people we really hate.

On Payback Day, you have legal immunity from prosecution for any single act of revenge committed before 12AM, provided it does not involve a direct personal attack and is reasonably funny.

I don't actually hate anyone. Sounds like a laugh though.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Under the terms set out above, there might be one or two people who I worked with, who would benefit from this novel idea.

My revenge would be simple.

I'd send them a card, unsigned of course, drawing their attention to the rules of Payback Day and why they were being sent the card.

I'd highlight the "legal immunity from prosecution", and explain this allowed for all sorts of really quite unpleasant revenge to be meted out upon their persons.

Then I'd sit back and let the day pass away, until the following day.

I'd send a letter the following day, apologising for the lack of action, but explain that the measure of revenge is so sufficiently complex and horrible, it needs planning in great detail, and that if they can wait another year, they would be in for a real corker of retribution.

I'd be tempted on the following year to string it out again, and again.

Of course, nothing actually would happen, but they don't need to know that, do they ?
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Some years ago I got something called the Revenge Kit (I think it might still be in the cellar somwhere) which consisted of a number of pre-printed letters which you could send to people like:

(some of them were very good)

SELLEX
        ------
        Portsleigh Road, Victoria, London SW1, 01-448 6234
        Dear Sir/Madam,
        Thank you for your letter in response to our
        special Cat Suit offer. Please accept our apologies for the
        delay in responding - the demand was much greater than
        anticipated. However, we are delighted to say that our
        fitters will be in your area on and will
        personally visit you at am/pm.

The body mould which needs to be taken requires an hour and
        a half. At this time can you let our fitters know if you
        will be requiring the optional latex ears and/or 'tickling
        whisker' mask. The deposit of $140 should be paid at this
        stage to secure delivery. The balance becomes due on your
        satisfactory receipt of the finished item. We anticipate
        that there will be a gap of some six weeks from the time the
        mould is made until the Cat Suit arrives on your doorstep.
        This is due to transit time between out UK offices and the
        Hamburg factory.

Lastly, may I remind you that, as one of our first thousand
        customers, you are entitled to a bonus gift. Select any
        three 'HOT' CONTINENTAL books from the SWEDISH best sellers
        list below. ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Simply indicate your choice on the coupon below and hand it
        to our fitters along with the deposit when then call.

Kind Regards

C.Nelson
        Head of Sales Administration

----------------------------cut here -----------------------

Please rush me by return the following three free books by
        return. I am over 18.

® () Big Momma Submission
        ® () Strapped To The Max
        ® () Spanking New
        ® () Whip Me Senseless
        ® () Latex Discipline
        ® () Matron Knows Best
        ® () Kiss My Jackboots
        ® () 'Anything But The Enema Bag'
        ® () Madam Stormtrooper
        ® () Cane Me Stupid
        ® () Desiree Dominatrix In Prague
        ® () Stiletto Surrender
        ® () Butch Beyond Belief
        ® () Steaming Rubber Bath Night

Name...

Address...

Signed...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Some years ago I got something called the Revenge Kit (I think it might still be in the cellar somwhere) which consisted of a number of pre-printed letters which you could send to people like:

(some of them were very good)
          There was a case many years ago of a sex toy company whose supplier let them down.

They sent refunds out by cheques bearing the name of the sex toy.

Not many of those cheques were paid in.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            There was a case many years ago of a sex toy company whose supplier let them down.

They sent refunds out by cheques bearing the name of the sex toy.

Not many of those cheques were paid in.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)

I was told the story in the early 1990s. Apparently the VAT man got involved, but the suppliers letting the company down bit was true, so they got away with it.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X