• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exterminate! Exterminate!

ECS - What's inside a Dalek?

Interesting stuff.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I, for one, welcome our new slime mould overlords

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
      Outstanding
      Me, me, me...

Comment

What's inside a dalek?

I have a very hazy recollection (very long time ago) of watching a very early episode of Dr Who (quite possibly in black and white!!) during which they were manufacturing daleks, and were stuffing them full of what looked like dead rabbits. Maybe I imagined it all, but it has lodged in the old memory banks for some inexplicable reason. Any of the other 50-somethings remember that one? If it was not William Hartnell, it can't have been long after his time.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          What's inside a dalek?

I have a very hazy recollection (very long time ago) of watching a very early episode of Dr Who (quite possibly in black and white!!) during which they were manufacturing daleks, and were stuffing them full of what looked like dead rabbits. Maybe I imagined it all, but it has lodged in the old memory banks for some inexplicable reason. Any of the other 50-somethings remember that one? If it was not William Hartnell, it can't have been long after his time.
          Sorry mate. You're the oldest IT contractor there is. No-one before you accept Babbage.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What's inside a dalek?

I remember as a kid watching Dr Who (behind the couch as usual), when we got a brief glimpse of some slimy starfish shaped thing inside a dalek that wriggled a wee bit. That was more scary than usual.

Good psychology there, leave as much as possible to the imagination. Yeah, William Hartnell I remember him first time around.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Inside of a dalek

YouTube - Doctor Who - Season 1 Ending
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                What's inside a Dalek?
                A small child by the looks of this.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I thought there were Kaleds inside Daleks.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

What's inside a dalek?
                    Either this

or this

The Daleks were actually controlled from inside by short operators[30] who had to manipulate their eyestalks, domes and arms, as well as flashing the lights on their heads in sync with the actors supplying their voices.
                    Depending on how old you are or how engrossed you are in the really convincing acting performed by Eastenders quality actors.

Comment

Working...
                    X