• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deutsche Bank Outsourcing To Luxsoft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Bank Outsourcing To Luxsoft

DeutschBank in London are moving a lot of IT to Ukraine to a company called Luxsoft - I just saw a handful of contractors let go and the remainder are being encouraged to go to Ukraine and teach them what we do

The interesting thing is I have a feeling this outsourcing will work

The Kiev guys are bloody hot in Java and know the language and frameworks inside out

Any one have experience of using them and and did it work?

On a positive side - very good looking girls in Ukraine, so if they steal your job then you can get one back by stealing their women?

Comment

The story I have from mates working alongside Eastern Europeans is that they are pretty hot engineers, but they aren't very inventive; if they come across a situation they haven't come across before they can get a bit lost.

Also having tried working in Western Europe a lot have gone back home for a better standard of living (think cost of living, having your family and mates around you etc). The message is "We're available for hire, but come to us. We aren't moving to you."
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        On a positive side - very good looking girls in Ukraine, so if they steal your job then you can get one back by stealing their women?
        Sounds a fair swap.

but they can keep their sticky mitts off me job!
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out
            They leave the west behind
            And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
            They Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind

I don't think McCartney had ever been in the USSR at that point so I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about. A Californian told a Liverpudlian in India it might make a nice song.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Don't get carried away, these are the same two girls at 40 years old...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Why do I get the horrible feeling thats the type of video Wilmslow would have recorded!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

On a positive side - very good looking girls in Ukraine
                  Is that something to do with all the radiation? Should we expect the same in Japan in 20 years?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Deutsche Bank in Frankfurt started outsourcing to Ukraine and/or Russia about 6 years ago, so they´re just rolling it out further. I know of one or two other banks who have been doing the same thing over the last 2 or 3 years as well.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X