• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any jilted paupers on here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any jilted paupers on here?

Random, I know, but I've found your tune.

YouTube - Cee-Lo Green - "**** You" (Later with Jools Holland)
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Talentless midget.

Have you heard his latest offering? Rehash of billy jean bass with a bond soundtrack. Painfull.

Comment

**** me. Apparently that was #1 in the UK. I'd never even heard it before, I stumbled into it after someone posted a link to something else on here

What is his latest offering soupy? Linky pls...

Might be time I updated my musical knowledge. Last thing I bought was a Neil Young compilation.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Last thing I bought was a Neil Young compilation.
          You could do worse than that
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            You could do worse than that
            I often have

It was the "decade" best of. Just listening to a bit of it now. It'll be Joni Mitchell in a bit. Then I'll get the songbook out and have a crack at clouds.

Comment

He was the front man for Gnarls Barkley as well.

His album is actually pretty good. Real old school soul feel to it.
              Last edited by DaveB; 2 April 2011, 21:21.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You see, this is why I don't dare have iTunes. I'd be even skinter.

I'd probably be happier though.....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  He was the front man for Gnarls Barkley as well.

His album is actually pretty good. Real old school soul feel to it.
                  Please no.

I will give Amy Winehouse credit for getting that sound, it was contrived, yes, but it worked well and the band was top class, the drummer nailed those motown fills.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Please no.

I will give Amy Winehouse credit for getting that sound, it was contrived, yes, but it worked well and the band was top class, the drummer nailed those motown fills.
                    This isn't the same as Wino. She went for a replication of the Motown sound, Cee-Lo is more of an interpretation of it. It has that soul feel to it, but it's not Motown. It owes a lot to it, but it's still something different.
                    Last edited by DaveB; 2 April 2011, 21:21.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X