• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sucker Punch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucker Punch

Anyone seen this film and can they recommend?

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I haven't seen it....

But then, you know that don't you

Comment

It was on my 'to watch' list but I believe it's been panned by critics so will wait for the doovde release instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
        I haven't seen it....

But then, you know that don't you
        Yes. I do.

Comment

I've seen it. Good film, but not for you MF. I still chuckle when I recall you telling me that you blubbed during "Lion King" when Mufasa died. Have you considered the "Ice Age" collection?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Cute girls with guns, its got to be worth a look on demonoid at least

But then I thought Zombie Strippers was ok, so what do I know
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              I've seen it. Good film, but not for you MF. I still chuckle when I recall you telling me that you blubbed during "Lion King" when Mufasa died. Have you considered the "Ice Age" collection?

You told me you'd never talk, especially after you pulled that pre-op transexual who called you 'Wee willy Shauny'. You bastard!

Comment

From the trailer: "Reality is a prison".

Is this produced by Charlie Sheen? Didn't watch all the trailer (don't like major spoilers before I even watch a movie), so don't know if coke and hookers featured at all.

Maybe he's right. Reality is the sum of the human senses and we're imprisoned by them. Though I doubt the movie itself is that deep.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Haven't seen Sucker Punch, but I did see Skyline at the w/end, and what a crock of pony that was!

Skyline's 4.5 out of 10 on IMDB is pretty generous, IMHO - The script is a long succession of corny cliches, the plot is feeble. Also the characters are frankly boring. I didn't care what happened to them.

The problem is that when all films are shot in HD, one can no longer tell a B movie by the picture quality, and Skyline is no more than a B movie or worse with slick picture quality. Even its special effects aren't that special by today's standards.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Following the success of Sucker Punch, Snyder has now been given the greenlight for his Robocop re-imagining Fartcop With Boobs.

Father-of-one Tom Logan said: "I am a moron. Sometimes I won't get in the bath because I see my own reflection in the water and assume there's already someone in there.

"And, also, I felt that some of the fart jokes in Big Momma's House were too complicated.

"But watching Sucker Punch made me feel like Stephen Fry having to make small talk with builders.

"I feel as tall as a cloud. Clouds are tall, right?"
                    Works for me

Comment

Working...
                    X