• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Company Details Form CT41G

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Company Details Form CT41G

Hi,

I've received a letter from HMRC asking me whether I've filled up and sent them Form CT41g.

My Company was incorporated in Oct 2010 but I've moved to 3 different locations since then.

As a result, I did not receive any such forms from HMRC and to be honest I did not know I was supposed to fill in such a form.

I reckon there are financial penalties if a Company does not fill this form and send it within 3 months of incorporation (or commencing business).

What is the way out for me?

Originally posted by maverick18 View Post
    Hi,

I've received a letter from HMRC asking me whether I've filled up and sent them Form CT41g.

My Company was incorporated in Oct 2010 but I've moved to 3 different locations since then.

As a result, I did not receive any such forms from HMRC and to be honest I did not know I was supposed to fill in such a form.

I reckon there are financial penalties if a Company does not fill this form and send it within 3 months of incorporation (or commencing business).

What is the way out for me?
    Call HMRC and talk to them. They are usually understanding provided you are not trying to pull the wool over their eyes. In the mean time get the form filled and sent in ASAP. Penalties are up to 300 quid fine and 60 quid per day you are over due. They already know you didnt send it in, hence the letter, so act now and don't ignore it.

It is your responsibility to understand your obligations when setting up a new company. There is plenty of guidance on the HMRC website, so you have very little excuse for not reading it. HMRC do send out copies of the form for you, but it is still down to you to sort it out if you dont receive it for any reason.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Call HMRC and talk to them. They are usually understanding provided you are not trying to pull the wool over their eyes. In the mean time get the form filled and sent in ASAP. Penalties are up to 300 quid fine and 60 quid per day you are over due. They already know you didnt send it in, hence the letter, so act now and don't ignore it.

It is your responsibility to understand your obligations when setting up a new company. There is plenty of guidance on the HMRC website, so you have very little excuse for not reading it. HMRC do send out copies of the form for you, but it is still down to you to sort it out if you dont receive it for any reason.
      Thanks Dave.

Comment

Working...
      X